• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Hurricane LEE

Reaction score
Whatever does (or doesn't) happen with Lee over the next week, it has been absolutely fascinating to watch so far. The very quick intensification, the shear ripping it apart (but it still keeping the essentials through that, likely due to it being such a powerful storm before it ran into the shear) and it rebuilding again... Just very interesting.

I also think it will be interesting to see how the data the recon flights have picked up (especially recently in regards to dry air?) will be interesting in helping future modeling, too.

It's also kind of nerve-wracking to watch a storm like this move so freaking slow, and I'm not even in an area that could be affected. I feel for folks along the eastern seaboard (and the Caribbean) who have had to deal with the uncertainty of this thing for so long. I'm particularly glad it's left the lesser Antilles alone and will very likely leave the rest of the islands alone, too (Bermuda, on the other hand, will be keeping an eye on Lee just like the seaboard).

Anyway. It's just been a really interesting storm to watch. I'm personally really looking forward to sea temperature data in Lee's wake since it has been so slow-moving. I'm hoping it's doing us a favor and pulling a fair bit of the "rocket fuel" out of the Atlantic. I hope whatever does happen in Lee's future involves only minimal human impact.

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Lee is back to major hurricane status
Lee...
Im Back GIF by CBS

Blountwolf

Sustaining Member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
1694470694488.png

ML WV... dry air intrusion?

(Edit: Ah - no - mixing out what was already there, quite effectively now. Had to see the 200 frame loop.)

JBishopwx

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
First Tropical Storm Watch for Maine in September since 2010 and first ever Hurricane Watch for Maine on record. @JBishopwx
I was about to text and ask you.

bjdeming

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Back