• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Hurricane Isaias

Destin cam sure looks different now. Back side seems to pack a punch, drier or not.
 
Are there any still up? All the ones I tried to access were down.
Ocean Reef's was still up - that's the one I was watching with the water coming up to the dunes. Winds shifted direction, and the camera is getting blasted.
 
Is Central AL really looking at much of a wind threat now? Seems like it's really falling apart.
Yes. There looks to be a couple of corridors in central Alabama that could really get walloped by some wind. I think along the I 20 corridor has a good shot at having a bunch of power outages.


Currently the hrrr has that corridor for about 5-6 hours with wind gusts of about 55-60mph. Tommorw morning
 
Last edited:
While we could use the rain, I wouldn't mind if this gets pushed east, or gets it's lights punched out by dry air.

1791597510134.png
 
is the inland threat diminishing?
Not really - as this winds down, winds spread out. This spreading out and gradient winds pushing into it are going to keep things going more than we'd like. Looks pretty stout - I think we'd see some pretty hefty gusts and some wind damage further north than folks might be expecting still. The story is all of this happening further east. Fingers crossed though.
 
Last edited:
Power outages rapidly increasing across southern Alabama. Parts of SW GA are also affected. Entire FL Panhandle hit hard with outages.
1791604835412.png1791604844468.png1791604866594.png
 
We're in a lull right now in the ATL metro, but the big precip shield is about an hour away or so, and with it some pretty nasty winds.
KFFC_loop.gif
 
Back
Top