• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Historic tornado videos missing from youtube/the internet?

Reaction score
Perhaps a bit presumptuous of me to call it "historic," but you all should know my Keota video from March 31 is no longer on YouTube. I closed both my channels Thursday night. For now, the only part of it available on the Internet (unless someone has pirated it :mad: ) will be the 90-second highlights cut on my Flickr page.

I eventually plan to launch a new channel and possibly re-upload a new cut of it for the one-year anniversary. The original cut was done in a hurry to get it online in a timely fashion, and the horizon straightening/contrast correction for some shots wasn't quite where I wanted it to be. The shorter (roughly 6-minute) recut I uploaded later was better, but accidentally omitted a good shot of the wedge phase I'd wanted to include, and never got nearly as much traction in terms of views anyway.

Reaction score
Perhaps a bit presumptuous of me to call it "historic," but you all should know my Keota video from March 31 is no longer on YouTube. I closed both my channels Thursday night. For now, the only part of it available on the Internet (unless someone has pirated it :mad: ) will be the 90-second highlights cut on my Flickr page.

I eventually plan to launch a new channel and possibly re-upload a new cut of it for the one-year anniversary. The original cut was done in a hurry to get it online in a timely fashion, and the horizon straightening/contrast correction for some shots wasn't quite where I wanted it to be. The shorter (roughly 6-minute) recut I uploaded later was better, but accidentally omitted a good shot of the wedge phase I'd wanted to include, and never got nearly as much traction in terms of views anyway.
Wow! I mean it looks like it’s gonna be very cool based off of the picture in ur PFP

Reaction score
- I also recently speak with a witness of the Aberdeen, SD F3 of 1996 who recorded footage of it that’s unreleased/lost. He has a copy and I was told to check back in in about a month to remind him to hopefully get it digitized, as it’s on VHS and he’s busy after recently moving! If and when I get it, i’ll share the link here. I’m also thinking of making a seperate channel of just uncovered videos, no enhancements.

AngelAndHisWx

Reaction score
Historic it is not, but a significant tornado it is. I was entrusted with transferring a couple of meteorologist Mike Umscheid’s videotapes back when he shot video and in that batch was his video of the Yocemento KS F3 tornado of October 16 1998. Pending approval of the final edit it should be up in time for 25 years, but in the meantime I can share a screengrab. The first image is from TornadoTalk’s write up about the event, sourced from a web image that’s been floating around since the late 90s, and second is from the original 8mm tape (albeit upscaled since it was from the rough draft edit).

Attachments

• A1DC59F5-BA0C-4A64-AF49-4EEA38C41F93.png
    A1DC59F5-BA0C-4A64-AF49-4EEA38C41F93.png
    223.9 KB · Views: 0
  • ACA48467-E46D-40B9-99E7-2A33EAE03E2C.jpeg
    ACA48467-E46D-40B9-99E7-2A33EAE03E2C.jpeg
    831.7 KB · Views: 0
Reaction score
Historic it is not, but a significant tornado it is. I was entrusted with transferring a couple of meteorologist Mike Umscheid’s videotapes back when he shot video and in that batch was his video of the Yocemento KS F3 tornado of October 16 1998. Pending approval of the final edit it should be up in time for 25 years, but in the meantime I can share a screengrab. The first image is from TornadoTalk’s write up about the event, sourced from a web image that’s been floating around since the late 90s, and second is from the original 8mm tape (albeit upscaled since it was from the rough draft edit).
ooo nice! that’s a hell of a wedge!

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Perhaps a bit presumptuous of me to call it "historic," but you all should know my Keota video from March 31 is no longer on YouTube. I closed both my channels Thursday night. For now, the only part of it available on the Internet (unless someone has pirated it :mad:) will be the 90-second highlights cut on my Flickr page.
dd0.jpg

(I blame my OCD for my tornado video downloading habits BTW)

Understandable. Just curious - is it just gonna be a new channel on YT or will you expand your reach to other platforms as well (Odysee, Dailymotion)?

Reaction score
dd0.jpg

(I blame my OCD for my tornado video downloading habits BTW)

Understandable. Just curious - is it just gonna be a new channel on YT or will you expand your reach to other platforms as well (Odysee, Dailymotion)?

I'm fine with it as long as you don't re-upload it as if it were your own, lol.

Just a new YouTube channel at this point.

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I'm fine with it as long as you don't re-upload it as if it were your own, lol.

Just a new YouTube channel at this point.
Considering I haven't touched my YT channel for probably close to a year (should probably just close the darn thing at this point) and won't be posting it on Flickr anytime soon, that is unlikely to happen LMAO

Fair enough. Was just wondering because some of my favorite creators maintain dual channels on YT and Odysee that sync automatically.

Timhsv

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
This isn't a video of coarse but I found a rare photo taken right after the Great Tupelo F5 tornado back in 1936.
Killed 216 and injured 700 reports stated
1696472635107.png

KCMO Railfan

Reaction score

Hello everybody! New member here. So I recently found a documentary video that has the footage of the Bridge Creek/Moore tornado from 1999 taken from someone's backyard that was mentioned before on here (unfortunately a version of the documentary in English is nowhere to be found on YouTube). I've noticed the clip of the tornado has audio in it, idk if its the original audio from the video or if it was dubbed in for the documentary The clip at 8:21-8:41 is what I'm referring to. If anyone knows if the audio in that clip is original or not, feel free to let me know.

Reaction score

Hello everybody! New member here. So I recently found a documentary video that has the footage of the Bridge Creek/Moore tornado from 1999 taken from someone's backyard that was mentioned before on here (unfortunately a version of the documentary in English is nowhere to be found on YouTube). I've noticed the clip of the tornado has audio in it, idk if its the original audio from the video or if it was dubbed in for the documentary The clip at 8:21-8:41 is what I'm referring to. If anyone knows if the audio in that clip is original or not, feel free to let me know.

Welcome! As a fellow railfan AND weather enthusiast/storm chaser, I appreciate your username and avatar!

Captured this last Saturday 9/30 in Wisconsin Rapids, WI:

Western_KS_Wx

Reaction score
Here’s some incredible footage of Tim Marshall’s storm chase and the damage survey of the May 3, 1999 Bridge Creek-Moore tornado. Really incredible footage from the survey and shows just how extremely violent this tornado was, even past Bridge Creek.

Here’s some time stamps from the video:

38:40-59:07 Bridge Creek to Moore tornado
58:19-1:04:30 Newcastle survey
1:04:30-1:07:00 Canadian River-SW 149th survey
1:07:01-1:12:48 Country Place survey
1:12:49-1:15:46 Greenbriar apartments, church & extreme vehicle damage survey
1:15:47-1:17:24 Westmoore HS & Greenbriar apartments survey
1:17:25-1:21:10 Housing east of Greenbriar, church, & EXTREME damage
1:21:11-1:23:51 Kelley Elementary & neighborhood
1:23:52-end Hotel and I-35 neighborhood

KCMO Railfan

Reaction score
Here's a surveillance camera footage of the May 4th, 2003 Kansas City tornado touching down at a former dog race track. At the end it shows the tornado becoming rain wrapped. This footage has been used on various news stations within the KC area.

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Was doing some digging for a post regarding the Ringgold-Apison tornado in the SigTor thread. While doing so, I came across this screenshot from a video that, low and behold, seems to no longer exist on the website it was originally posted to:
61a6df273dfb8.image.jpg

Back