• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Historic tornado videos missing from youtube/the internet?

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I want to ask that is it possible to find several Hackleburg tornado damage aerial footages that deleted years ago ? There were still Hackleburg tornado aerials on youtube now but I clearly remembered I used have watched three or four part of aerial damage footage coverd from Hackleburg to Tanner area on youtube many years ago.
First off, are you referring to the clips on this channel?

I found the now-deleted Columbia video by stumbling across the YouTube URL in an old news article, plugging that into the wayback machine and getting lucky that somebody either thought to archive it themselves, or the wayback machine itself happened to crawl it. If you can recall seeing the link to the video(s) in an old article somewhere, you can try doing the same thing to see if it's archived.

pohnpei

Reaction score
First off, are you referring to the clips on this channel?

I found the now-deleted Columbia video by stumbling across the YouTube URL in an old news article, plugging that into the wayback machine and getting lucky that somebody either thought to archive it themselves, or the wayback machine itself happened to crawl it. If you can recall seeing the link to the video(s) in an old article somewhere, you can try doing the same thing to see if it's archived.
Thanks for the information! Unfortunately these clips were not what I was looking for. The footages I watched was mucher longer video coverd entire track from Hackleburg to Tanner area.

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Thanks for the information! Unfortunately these clips were not what I was looking for. The footages I watched was mucher longer video coverd entire track from Hackleburg to Tanner area.
Will keep looking. If I find them, I'll post them, but at the same time I don't think I quite deserve the title of "jedi master of finding obscure/lost tornado footage". Have to pass that award on to @AngelAndHisWx, who can perhaps help with the search too.

KCMO Railfan

Reaction score

Not sure if this video's been talked about but I recently discovered this video of the 2016 Katie-Wynnewood Oklahoma tornado. This footage of the tornado was originally on Joe Exotic's (since deleted YT channel), but it appears it was reuploaded in 2020 around the time the Netflix documentary of Joe was being made. I'm not sure if this video has the part where the tornado's rear inflow jet sucked up a house as shown in Pecos Hank's vid of the storm, and other vids from that day.

Reaction score
Footage from Pampa 1995 I've never seen before, mainly aftermath footage. Think I saw some of this on TLC back in the day but can't find the full documentary anymore:

AngelAndHisWx

Reaction score
Not sure if this counts as historic in the traditional sense, but to my knowledge Dr. Blanchard’s video of the Limon area tornadoes from June 6 1990 is the only known video of the tornadoes (the F4 was not filmed however since it was rainwrapped). It also gave me a rare chance to compare video that appeared in Tornado Video Classics to original source material and wow what a difference. As an aside, this tape is currently the oldest I’ve handled.

jules

Reaction score
I was hoping you could help me find a video from AL on 4/27- It’s a first person pov of two paramedics sitting in an ambulance, watching a massive tornado get closer and closer until they decide to get out of there. I think they were next to a river or lake - Guntersville maybe? Thanks!

Back