• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Early December Surprise Winter Storm

Tyler Penland

Mountain Snow Miser
Staff member
Reaction score
Wound up with 6" here. We missed out on rounds 2 and 3 that SW NC got.

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Tapatalk

MattW

Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KG4GUF
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Final for Decatur, GA is 3" even. Had 1.25" when I went to bed last night, woke up with 3" this morning. Also...I realized just how big an F-150 is, this is my first snow with it and I had to clean it off before driving!

Argus

Reaction score
Not sure how they’re gonna handle Super 7 with snow being projected tomorrow. Traffic is already a nightmare on campus with road closures and with things trending toward higher amounts during the day today. Not sure they’ve ever had to deal with snow during super 7.

Our group had a good time. Roads weren't bad from Anniston on westward. We got in and ate with our supervisor's friends. With the roads blocked off, it made getting to the restaurant hard. We saw our team win and spent the night.

Then when we headed home, there was no power at the Tallapoosa exit on I-20. Another driver who stopped at the Bremen exit with us, said he was only 3 miles to empty! Then we had to dodge tree limbs on I-20 going into Douglasville. The Blizzard of the Super Seven is what we're calling it.

Back