• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Early December Surprise Winter Storm

Reaction score
I have received at least 7 inches here in Alabaster today. This is one of the best storms I can remember. After years of missing snow showers, we hit hit the jackpot!

MattW

Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KG4GUF
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Got 1 inch even now in Decatur, GA. Back to rain.

Reaction score
WSBTV says some places right NW of Atlanta already have 6-9 inches on the ground. Is that true or did they make a mistake? I would say we have 3-4 inches here right NW of the city.

Tyler Penland

Mountain Snow Miser
Staff member
Reaction score
WSBTV says some places right NW of Atlanta already have 6-9 inches on the ground. Is that true or did they make a mistake? I would say we have 3-4 inches here right NW of the city.
I've seen pictures of 6" measurements west of Atlanta.

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Tapatalk

MattW

Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KG4GUF
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I measure from a piece of plywood I put in an open area of the yard.

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Gotta say, love that we had early snowfall for so many in our Central and southern countries that rarely see the fluffy goodness. I was skeptical a few days ago. The models nailed this, especially for North Alabama.
We got exactly what was predicted!
xx8yaTj.jpg

barcncpt44

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I got 7 inches total here in Anniston, and some areas east of here got around 10 inches. Looks like this will be the biggest storm we have seen since the blizzard of 1993.

Kory

Reaction score
Cannot emphasize how historic this snowfall has been, both spatially and quantity. Multiple inches of snow from Coastal Texas to Florida up into the Deep South. One for the record books.

Reaction score
Atlanta is getting pounded right now by a heavy band

I missed that heavy snow band! I woke up at like 4:45 am and looked out the window to see melting snow. I was like "oh, it's over." LOL....I woke up again at like 8:50 am and couldn't believe it when I looked out the window. There was clearly several more inches on the ground. I measured here 7-8 inches at 2 pm today. I cannot believe how awesome this storm was!

Back