• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Severe WX December 31, 2021 - January 1, 2022 Severe Threat

Austin Dawg

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Haha - Probably 100% true!! Local networks don't DARE break into this game!!
I dated a couple girls in Alabama and I know what those folks are like with Alabama or Auburn playing

Now... turning our attention back to the weather........

brianc33710

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
You have more confidence in there not being high risk than I. You are probably right, but it looks like to me the cap may be just strong enough to keep messy conv down but stronger updrafts can overcome...delicate balance.
Maybe they will go High. Im going with their sticking with Moderate 3 wks ago. I looked and we have had 3 Jan High Risks in 88, 99 & 17. December & February outbreaks have generated more though. I guess Dec & Feb have more competing air mass interactions than Jan.

Richardjacks

Meteorologist
Reaction score
Yeah capes are over 1000

So uh that DeKalb storm probably should've been warned

yeah...this is all concerning to me about tomorrow, for Alabama, it is going to come down to the cap and what happens late afternoon and evening. If the caps breaks too soon, messy convection, too late, a squall line with the front. I would hedge my bet the cap breaks with the prefrontal trough, I would feel differently if it were April when caps are usually stronger than modeled.

Back