• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe WX December 29 & 30, 2021 Severe Threat

buckeye05

Reaction score
I’d also keep an eye on the cell near Winona, MS actually. Not much in its way, has a more robust appearance, and looks like it’s trying to get a meso going.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
New cell just blew up east of the Tupelo one not far from Hamilton, if those can take root they will be in prime position to take advantage of the significant thermal boundary draped across the TN Valley. Could be a long-term issue for Decatur or Huntsville if they get going

Austin Dawg

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Apparently the NWS told Congress last year that the swiss cheese radar coverage in places like Mississippi has "no significant negative impact” to their ability to issue warnings. I guess that's why they figure the horrible radar coverage is "good enough" and they choose to get by with it.
blankstare 5.gif

cheestaysfly

Reaction score

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Temp in the Shoals area is around 60F. High was supposed to be in the low 70s. Will these much cooler than forecast surface temps reduce the severe potential for this area?

OHWX97

Reaction score
Yup that one looks like trouble. The others closer to the boundary aren’t taking off as much though.
Seems to be a problem with forcing, as well as too much morning convection. I'll be interested to see if this turns about being one of those events where, while initially appearing impressive, discrete storms never quite take off before being overtaken by the main line.

buckeye05

Reaction score
Seems to be a problem with forcing, as well as too much morning convection. I'll be interested to see if this turns about being one of those events where, while initially appearing impressive, discrete storms never quite take off before being overtaken by the main line.
I strongly agree. I don’t think this event is going to reach its ceiling of potential.

Logo 468x120
Back