• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Severe WX December 29 & 30, 2021 Severe Threat

Bamamuscle

Reaction score
Still confused about placement of the highest risk. Tupelo is now at 59/57 and unless there is some major WAA coming, the risk placement is a bit off to me. Need it more SE.

A few Mets on twitter are confident that the air will recover. Just saw a post about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Richardjacks

Meteorologist
Reaction score
Getting more and more nervous here in the Shoals as I am RIGHT in the middle of that enhanced hatched area.
Something is going to have change fast for the Shoals threat to be realized....the rain cooled air isn't budging right now...but there is still time but may be last minute as low level jet ramps up.

Reaction score
I understand your premise here, but that is not a tiny hatched area. Even a spec of a hatched area is not tiny.

Limestone/western Madison Counties, AL are in it, that area has been a hotbed of significant tornado activity going back to at least the first Super Outbreak. Seems to be one of those microscale "favored corridors" for some reason.

cheestaysfly

Reaction score
Something is going to have change fast for the Shoals threat to be realized....the rain cooled air isn't budging right now...but there is still time but may be last minute as low level jet ramps up.
Man I really hope that's the case. Historically we've been pretty lucky but I don't want to take any chances. I have tornado PTSD so I'm just already freaked out.

Gail

Reaction score
I understand your premise here, but that is not a tiny hatched area. Even a spec of a hatched area is not tiny.
I was not downplaying it by any means. I'm pretty much in it (Northern Lowndes County, MS). I was just suggesting that most of their outlook areas are significantly larger so they must be confident about this particular area.

Austin Dawg

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Man I really hope that's the case. Historically we've been pretty lucky but I don't want to take any chances. I have tornado PTSD so I'm just already freaked out.
Take a deep breath and just be ready to get to a safe place.

My family has PTSD as well from the Smithville tornado in 2011. I just spoke to my mother to update her and I'm glad I did because she had went to sleep in case she needed to be up late and before she was asleep the local guys were saying the worst weather will be north of her. She said the rain had cleared in Smithville, the sun was out bright, and the humidity was thick. She was getting ready in case she needed to go to the gym/town shelter.

She also said this was exactly the way the weather set up the day they were hit they had had a area of rain come through and then the sun broke out and it was very humid. She is very nervous.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
Keeping an eye on the storms west of Memphis. Looks like some broad rotation

Back