• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

COVID-19 detected in United States

Kory

Reaction score
There’s been lots of evidence that SARS has been around in mammals for years and years. It finally made the human jump...through consumption of bats? Maybe. Just one theory. Chinese wet markets are breeding grounds for pandemics. Not the first time this has happened in China.

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I am by no means a 9-11 "Truther" as people call them. The real truth is that 9-11 took place and was masterminded by radical Muslims.

However, it is quite possible that China did manufacture this virus and that it was accidentally released. SKELLY are you saying that it is not possible at all? Why do you believe that?
But science.... https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/03/200317175442.htm

"These two features of the virus, the mutations in the RBD portion of the spike protein and its distinct backbone, rules out laboratory manipulation as a potential origin for SARS-CoV-2" said Andersen.

Josie Golding, PhD, epidemics lead at UK-based Wellcome Trust, said the findings by Andersen and his colleagues are "crucially important to bring an evidence-based view to the rumors that have been circulating about the origins of the virus (SARS-CoV-2) causing COVID-19."

"They conclude that the virus is the product of natural evolution," Goulding adds, "ending any speculation about deliberate genetic engineering."

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
I told y’all the 9-11 truthers having a field day. Now this thread...

And well then there is this. Published 1 year ago. In the article, they mention the Novel virus. Well, go figure that today we are dealing with a Novel Strain that moved rather quickly and can be very deadly when the medical system gets overwhelmed.

I really was only looking for laboratory mistakes when I came across this. We are human and mistakes do happen. It is better to admit the mistake and have a quick response than to hide the mistake and lead to an epidemic.

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Vaccines. That is the solution. Autism skyrocketed. I had a daughter that desystroed my family. It didn't happen right?

I am so sorry to hear about your daughter. However, science has debunked that myth several thousand times over.

skelly

Reaction score
I am saying that 9-11 truthers take license with the facts and have a field day with theories presented in such a way you can’t prove or rule out because it’s murky conjecture to begin with and it gets ridiculous cause every thing they see is prismed to fit their “perspective” ....So you can’t really argue with them or challenge their though process in any way and it’s very annoying.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
But science.... https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/03/200317175442.htm

"These two features of the virus, the mutations in the RBD portion of the spike protein and its distinct backbone, rules out laboratory manipulation as a potential origin for SARS-CoV-2" said Andersen.

Josie Golding, PhD, epidemics lead at UK-based Wellcome Trust, said the findings by Andersen and his colleagues are "crucially important to bring an evidence-based view to the rumors that have been circulating about the origins of the virus (SARS-CoV-2) causing COVID-19."

"They conclude that the virus is the product of natural evolution," Goulding adds, "ending any speculation about deliberate genetic engineering."

Wes, I never claim to be an expert on the virus, how they are created, and truly Goulding could be absolutely correct. And honestly, I hope the Chinese didn't release this purposedly or accidentally. We just have to do what we can to eradicate it.

Kory

Reaction score
Must be nice to be a rich, smug, clueless dimwit that works at the New York Times.

The South is quite rural. Many people have to drive farther for essentials and medical care. And work...if you’re essential!

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Must be nice to be a rich, smug, clueless dimwit that works at the New York Times.

The South is quite rural. Many people have to drive farther for essentials and medical care. And work...if you’re essential!

Other parts of the country are much more rural by far than the southeastern U.S. That is not the problem. One of the main issues is food deserts. Compare this map to yours and see the similarities.

1585854611046.png

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score
I look forward to this thread abandoning the conspiracy theory bull crap and music videos and returning to being a valuable source of information and statistics. Heck, I might even settle for the conspiracy theory crap if it met the simple criterion of being comprehensible.

gangstonc

Reaction score
China lied. People died. But I don’t think the virus itself is intentional nor is it some scheme to get Trump out. The cover up until they couldn’t anymore...was intentional.
As a matter of fact, if trump hadn’t botched the response, he would be seen as a hero. His approval numbers would be up by 30 points.

Kory

Reaction score
Just wow. New Orleans with a death rate double that of New York City. Poor health seems to be the reason Louisiana is getting absolutely rocked.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
As a matter of fact, if trump hadn’t botched the response, he would be seen as a hero. His approval numbers would be up by 30 points.

Always the bash trump train. I think this belongs over on the political discussion forum, not on the COVID-19 forum.

skelly

Reaction score
No he wouldn’t! There is no conceivable response he could have made that that would have been the result.

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score
Always the bash trump train. I think this belongs over on the political discussion forum, not on the COVID-19 forum.
I don't disagree with you, but there has been quite a bit of crossover between the covid thread and the political thread. However, I'm pretty sure there is a thread dedicated to music videos... ;)

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
I don't disagree with you, but there has been quite a bit of crossover between the covid thread and the political thread. However, I'm pretty sure there is a thread dedicated to music videos... ;)

Agreed and that has already been addressed. ;-)

Kory

Reaction score
Other parts of the country are much more rural by far than the southeastern U.S. That is not the problem. One of the main issues is food deserts. Compare this map to yours and see the similarities.

View attachment 2678
That's a good point, but I associated rural with distance to markets/essential businesses and medical care. Maybe that isn't always the case. But I can think of an instance in the Tuscaloosa area alone which isn't rural. We have two Walmart Supercenters...one in Northport and one on Skyland. If you're in the core part of town near the University or in the poorer sections in West Tuscaloosa/Alberta, your distance to Walmart is 3+ miles. And there are no direct public transportation routes...often resulting in getting off and back on a bus. I know many people who shop at Walmart because of the more affordable prices of not only groceries but medicine as well. I think that is not the exception of the rule in a lot of the South.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer

Exactly! Thank you. More than once I have had to glance up at the URL bar to see which thread I am reading.

This thread is for factual, COVID-19 discussion only. Any mention of a politician's name should only be made if it is related to a statement they have released related to the pandemic or action they have taken. Anything with any hint of political opinion belongs in the political thread.

Back