• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

COVID-19 detected in United States

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
The U.S. State Department urges all people to get home now as travel options may not be available very soon in an advisory dated yesterday. Not exactly breaking news, but the fact they are putting it out there is important.

The Department of State advises U.S. citizens to avoid all international travel due to the global impact of COVID-19. In countries where commercial departure options remain available, U.S. citizens who live in the United States should arrange for immediate return to the United States, unless they are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Other parts of the country are much more rural by far than the southeastern U.S. That is not the problem. One of the main issues is food deserts. Compare this map to yours and see the similarities.

View attachment 2678
West Virginia would be an outlier then. Their stay at home order seems to have limited travel greatly. I wonder if WV has a lack of cell phone service so movements aren’t tracked as easily.

it’s definitely more than two miles for me to getto a grocery store. But I’ve been using grocery delivery services.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
That would basically mean playing two seasons in the space of a calendar year, which seems like a lot to ask of the kids.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
West Virginia would be an outlier then. Their stay at home order seems to have limited travel greatly. I wonder if WV has a lack of cell phone service so movements aren’t tracked as easily.

it’s definitely more than two miles for me to getto a grocery store. But I’ve been using grocery delivery services.

I've also considered lack of cellular phone coverage as a factor.

StormStalker

Staff member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Governor Ivy is scheduled to have a press conference at 4 p.m. This could be the shelter in place order. We'll see,

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Yup, stay at home order effective tomorrow at 5pm for Alabama

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Just in case anyone wants to watch now or replay here later.

skelly

Reaction score
I don’t suspect much will change from what we’re currently doing. They’ll just have a way to enforce it.
This. Reading the order it’s what was already going on except now you can be charged for not complying.

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
I'm hoping with time this curve looks flatter than it looks right now... Or that it spontaneously levels off and drops.

IMG_20200403_210749.jpg

gangstonc

Reaction score
I’m very glad to see the Trump campaign helping out those on the frontlines:

Let us all try to be compassionate and understanding during this time. It will be hard as we are all stressed and anxious.

Reaction score
The President has announced 2 cures...one is a medication the other plasma donation . I don't understand why we are going through the deaths and restrictions on life. I dont think anything like this has happened before!

Reaction score
I’m very glad to see the Trump campaign helping out those on the frontlines:

Let us all try to be compassionate and understanding during this time. It will be hard as we are all stressed and anxious.
I can't even begin to understand the stress that those amazing people in the medical field are under.

Logo 468x120
Back