• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

COVID-19 detected in United States

KoD

Staff member
Sustaining Member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
New Alabama statewide declaration prohibits eating or drinking in restaurants and bars now, take-out only. No hospital visitors allowed either except for end of life situations. All public and private beaches are closed as are all schools, Pre-K, daycare except those that serve government/healthcare employees.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Makes one appreciate those simple things we take for granted, considering I have no idea when those bans might be lifted

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Well the kids here in Arkansas just got word they are out of school until April 17! We now have 62 cases here including one in Fayetteville.

StormStalker

Staff member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
The Alabama Dept of Public Health order to limit crowd size to 25 does apply to workplaces. More clarification is supposed to be released tomorrow.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
California is all but shut down folks. The Governor has basically told everyone that unless it is absolutely necessary for everyone to stay home. I just hope that Martial Law doesn't come into play. I want the spread of the virus to be stopped, but people need things and if they ever enforce Martial Law, it will be a huge burden on the government and the people. I hope and pray for calmness during this storm. Stay Well you all.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
My son works for the YMCA and when I picked him up from work tonight he said they were closed effective immediately through April 5th(at least I would imagine).

I copied the following from an email(and confirmed this is also posted on their website) regarding child care services they will be offering in the interim, and this is some good stuff:

Effective close of business Thursday, March 19 at 8 p.m., Heart of the Valley YMCA branches in Huntsville and Madison will suspend fitness and recreation activity in response to the current public health crisis. These actions are in response to the increased numbers of COVID-19 announced today in Madison County, the statewide proclamation issued earlier today from the Alabama State Department of Public Health, and recommendations from the YMCA of the USA. Please know that this decision was not made lightly, but we feel we have a social responsibility to help protect all members of our community. We have begun the transition of our Southeast and Hogan Family YMCAs into child care centers serving the children of essential workers including:

ï‚· State and Local Governments

ï‚· First Responders (including EMS and Fire Services)

ï‚· Law Enforcement

ï‚· Hospitals

ï‚· Nursing Home/Long Term Care Facilities (including Assisted Living and Specialty Care Assisted Living Facilities)

ï‚· End Stage Renal Disease Treatment Centers

ï‚· Pharmacies

ï‚· Grocery Stores

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
B1885009-20B9-4FB2-B928-7830341B07F5.jpeg

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
While I hope for recovery for anyone who does happen to get COVID-19, I can't help but think well if he would have been in a can. I know bad but it was the first thing I thought.

Evan

Reaction score
While I hope for recovery for anyone who does happen to get COVID-19, I can't help but think well if he would have been in a can. I know bad but it was the first thing I thought.

I get that joke. AHAHAH. We need levity in this time. That actually made me laugh for the first time in awhile.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know... If you contract COVID-19 and recover, will your body develop a resistance so that you cannot contact it again? or are you still susceptible to subsequent infections?

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer

StormStalker

Staff member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
We have our first case confirmed in Lauderdale Co per WAFF

The first of many. Still no reports in Colbert or Franklin but its probably just a matter of getting the results back. I also saw a third case on the arsenal.

StormStalker

Staff member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
The confirmed case in Lauderdale County was at mass at St Michaels in St. Florian last Saturday. Not good.

Back