• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

COVID-19 detected in United States

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
I've been feeling short of breath for about 3 days but no fever, so I assume it's just allergies. No way I'd ever be able to get tested anyway.
Why wouldn't you be able to get tested?

Kory

Reaction score
Apparently people were bringing their children to the DCH testing center who had fever, sore throat, and coughing and were being denied tests because they were “for the elderly.” So, it’s not surprising.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
They're basically not testing anyone who hasn't been in direct contact with a known case. I feel a lot better so it's a moot point anyway, especially since I haven't left the apartment since Saturday so I wouldn't have exposed anyone.

skelly

Reaction score
My son came down with cough and high fever. Visit to the pediatrician after four days of it. Tested positive for flu b. They did Covid test. Will get that result six days.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
My son came down with cough and high fever. Visit to the pediatrician after four days of it. Tested positive for flu b. They did Covid test. Will get that result six days.
Six days?! That's ridiculous.

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Keep us updated and let us know if we can do anything to help you guys... or help you keep your sanity.

Kory

Reaction score
There needs to be a global pressure on these Chinese wet markets. We cannot let these disease ridden places continue to foster pandemics. They’ve been the source of several over the last century.

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Six days?! That's ridiculous.
We're just getting results of patients we tested last Thursday. There's a pretty decent delay unfortunately. With all the people we've tested who are sick and negative for influenza I was sure there'd be more confirmed covid-19 cases in Madison County by now. Either they haven't processed the tests (which I'm sure they haven't since we ramped up testing majorly this weekend) or there's a whole lot of colds going around.

StormStalker

Staff member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
One of my coworkers was in close contact with a person who they believe has it. He went straight into isolation but they said we didn’t have to. The test the person had is pending but they feel strongly it will be positive.

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Well, we have now proven that Congress isn’t immune.
Assuming you mean....

Reps. Mario Diaz-Balart and Ben McAdams become first members of Congress to test positive for coronavirus

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Got me scared to death for my grandparents. Can't even begin to grasp the scale of this.

Kory

Reaction score
Trump in his presser just now is talking about the anti-malarial drug hydroxychloroquine (and other medicines) that may be used in the fight against COVID-19.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Confirmed case in Walker County now; I assume there are many more that haven't been tested. Scary times.

Back