• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

COVID-19 detected in United States

Matt Grantham

Meteorologist
Reaction score
Scratch that. The fatigue is kicking my tail. Only side effect I've experienced though, so I count myself lucky.

My first Moderna shot caused a 3 hour spell of chills, slight fever, and aches. It also messed up my stomach.

My second shot was much worse. I couldn't get out of bed, and my stomach was destroyed. Fatigue showed up again 6 days later while doing slightly strenuous activity, to the point that I had to stop. I am still dealing with the stomach stuff 9 days later. If there is a need for a shot a year from now, I'm not sure I'll take it. That will depend on how others react.

Matthew70

Reaction score
I have heard the second one is the brutal one for some. My mom said the second one just about killed her. She did say will not take any more of vaccine. My mom took hers over month ago and still has issues. She loses memory and her speech slurs at times. Fatigue still is an issue also.

Evan

Reaction score
My first Moderna shot caused a 3 hour spell of chills, slight fever, and aches. It also messed up my stomach.

My second shot was much worse. I couldn't get out of bed, and my stomach was destroyed. Fatigue showed up again 6 days later while doing slightly strenuous activity, to the point that I had to stop. I am still dealing with the stomach stuff 9 days later. If there is a need for a shot a year from now, I'm not sure I'll take it. That will depend on how others react.

Yikes. That's pretty nasty.

Dunno if you know about CDC's v-safe check-in (or anyone else who's getting the vaccine), but I urge everyone to report any side-effects there with the info from your vaccine card. I reported my JnJ side-effects there.

Matthew70

Reaction score
Honest question. What is reason for taking the vaccine? Especially for younger and healthier individuals? If someone has taken vaccine then why does someone else need to take it? The person that takes the vaccine should have no worries?

thundersnow

Reaction score
Honest question. What is reason for taking the vaccine? Especially for younger and healthier individuals? If someone has taken vaccine then why does someone else need to take it? The person that takes the vaccine should have no worries?
Double protection for the vulnerable... the vaccinated already have 95% protection. Couple that with the others they are in contact with also being vaccinated... 95% chance they don’t catch and spread it to someone who is in turn also 95% protected. It’s just a safety confidence thing. Two layers of protection.

Last edited:

StormStalker

Staff member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer

I think my stomach was the only thing that didn't hurt after my second shot.

KoD

Staff member
Sustaining Member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Since it's a new(ish) human pathogen with a unique mechanism of infection and physiological effects, it can be a debilitating disease process. Have you heard of the cytokine storm or that the worst part of the infection is what damage people's own immune systems do to them? The vaccine primes your immune system to be ready for the real thing which can turn covid-19 from a "worse than influenza" disease into "just another cold" disease. You have to either get infected or get immunized to get that kind of immune system awareness.

The virus also isn't static and consistent, the more people who get infected and transmit it, the more it mutates. That alone is good enough of a reason IMO for anyone, young and healthy to get it.

Even though hospitals are way more knowledgeable, better equipped and prepared to deal with serious covid-19 cases, it can still be a harmful life-threatening disease.
Even if the course of infection is just like the flu or a bad cold, I'd personally take a yearly immunization (if it were safe and tolerable of course) just to avoid that kind of misery. I do it for the flu, I'd do it for covid.

Matthew70

Reaction score

My niece told me a couple weeks ago they were seeing more and more with Covid very sick that had taken the vaccine. This report seems to go along with what she is starting to see. Nature always finds a way. I’d say the 90% protection that Moderna said earlier this week will be much lower in the weeks to months coming. More and more people are also dying from the vaccines and also having serious side effects. It says something when there has been more vaccine deaths this year than in last 10 years from vaccines. Of course main news outlets keep it hidden. It’s all on CDC website if look and dig close enough. Hilarious watching Fauci today. He has no clue what he’s doing.

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score

My niece told me a couple weeks ago they were seeing more and more with Covid very sick that had taken the vaccine. This report seems to go along with what she is starting to see. Nature always finds a way. I’d say the 90% protection that Moderna said earlier this week will be much lower in the weeks to months coming. More and more people are also dying from the vaccines and also having serious side effects. It says something when there has been more vaccine deaths this year than in last 10 years from vaccines. Of course main news outlets keep it hidden. It’s all on CDC website if look and dig close enough. Hilarious watching Fauci today. He has no clue what he’s doing.
I looked at the CDC website and it provides information that appears to be in direct contrast to your claims. You obviously did some deep digging, so please provide the links that support your statements.

bjdeming

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Scratch that. The fatigue is kicking my tail. Only side effect I've experienced though, so I count myself lucky.
Had my first one last week. Got some fatigue, a little more than with the Fluad shot last fall. That's the only symptom so far, though I felt, well, weird for a couple days right after the shot. A long spell of sleep took care of that and turned it into very mild cold symptoms for about 36 hours.

I'm taking the vaccine not only to protect myself but also because of arguments that it decreases the chances of mutation as well as spread and also for practical reasons: I might want to travel, and it is required in many places overseas.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Had my first one last week. Got some fatigue, a little more than with the Fluad shot last fall. That's the only symptom so far, though I felt, well, weird for a couple days right after the shot. A long spell of sleep took care of that and turned it into very mild cold symptoms for about 36 hours.

I'm taking the vaccine not only to protect myself but also because of arguments that it decreases the chances of mutation as well as spread and also for practical reasons: I might want to travel, and it is required in many places overseas.
Fatigue non existent today!

Matthew70

Reaction score
Keep waiting. I’m not going to try and look them up again. You and I just have different opinions. You have your vaccine and I will not. No harm done. You are safe and can go back to normal. I will continue living normal like I have been. Both happy and enjoying life.

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score
Keep waiting. I’m not going to try and look them up again. You and I just have different opinions. You have your vaccine and I will not. No harm done. You are safe and can go back to normal. I will continue living normal like I have been. Both happy and enjoying life.
Translation: you haven’t seen them and only repeated something you read on the internet. I don’t really care what your opinion is, but this thread has been largely focused on discussion of facts surrounding the pandemic. So, if you are going to bring up “facts”, show us the source so that we can discuss them. If you’re going to just spout off things without justifying it, please don’t. There may very well be someone who hasn’t made up his mind yet about getting the vaccine and your post implying that it could lead to death could influence that decision. So, show the data or shut up.

Last edited:

Matthew70

Reaction score
Fact is yes one can die or have severe complications from getting Covid and many have.
Fact is yes one can die and have severe complications from getting these vaccines as many have and the numbers are increasing.
Fact is the vaccines are not what is being told about them. One is asked to still wear a mask and to social distance. One has to take the booster or another round within a year. What will be the effects of another shot? No one knows nor do they know the long term effects of these vaccines.
Fact is they have not been tested like other vaccines
Fact is one can look up plenty of vaccine victims on FB and Telegram and other social platforms.. Twitter had one but of course it was censored. These are not fake individuals. They are real people from across the world.

An adult should be smart enough to make their own choice.

That is my shut up advice.

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score
Fact is yes one can die or have severe complications from getting Covid and many have.
Fact is yes one can die and have severe complications from getting these vaccines as many have and the numbers are increasing.
Fact is the vaccines are not what is being told about them. One is asked to still wear a mask and to social distance. One has to take the booster or another round within a year. What will be the effects of another shot? No one knows nor do they know the long term effects of these vaccines.
Fact is they have not been tested like other vaccines
Fact is one can look up plenty of vaccine victims on FB and Telegram and other social platforms.. Twitter had one but of course it was censored. These are not fake individuals. They are real people from across the world.

An adult should be smart enough to make their own choice.

That is my shut up advice.
Show me proof of deaths resulting from the covid vaccine. Show me proof of “many” deaths resulting from the covid vaccine.

Matthew70

Reaction score
I am not blowing smoke. You have a web browser so do it yourself. They are not fake sites. I’m sure there are some out there. Why do you think 2 vaccines have already been halted. Go to Instagram Covid vaccine deaths.

Back