• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

COVID-19 detected in United States

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I had my first shot today - Moderna. I felt a little fatigue but I seem to have already got past that. I've yet to feel any soreness that everyone keeps talking about and it has been 7 hours since I had my shot.

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score
The J&J is on hold in Europe and stopped in South Africa.
Correct, but just to be clear, the pause in Europe was initiated by J&J, not by the governments of the European countries. Personally. I don’t even like the term “pause “ because they never actually started, but it seems to be the preferred verbiage of the media.

Matthew70

Reaction score
What we’re starting to see as Tucker said last night. The vaccines are not changing the masks coming off and being able to gather. Even the president of Canada said yesterday that the vaccines appear to not be working like they thought they should. Yes it lessens severe episodes so we think but for how long no one knows. The flip flopping of not knowing what is going on is unreal. What I found interesting is one doctor they interviewed said it appears the vaccines are causing issues in people that have had Covid. The blood clots and more severe side effects.

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score
What we’re starting to see as Tucker said last night. The vaccines are not changing the masks coming off and being able to gather. Even the president of Canada said yesterday that the vaccines appear to not be working like they thought they should. Yes it lessens severe episodes so we think but for how long no one knows. The flip flopping of not knowing what is going on is unreal. What I found interesting is one doctor they interviewed said it appears the vaccines are causing issues in people that have had Covid. The blood clots and more severe side effects.
I knew it.

Matthew70

Reaction score
He had plenty of videos of Fauci and president of Canada. Either way to those that want to get the vaccine do it. The ones that don’t will not. Most states are adopting no vaccine passports. At least the smart ones. Covid is here to stay. If under 60 you have a 99.7% chance of being fine. With the vaccines you have a 90% chance. Easy choice. Who knows maybe in a couple years I will get the vaccine. Doubtful because no reason for me to. With or without vaccine it’s still the same. Also Astra and J&J have been removed from being supplied to Europe in the future. Seems Europe does not want them anymore.
Also cnn was lying about Covid numbers as the new leaks come out.

Jacob

Reaction score
He had plenty of videos of Fauci and president of Canada. Either way to those that want to get the vaccine do it. The ones that don’t will not. Most states are adopting no vaccine passports. At least the smart ones. Covid is here to stay. If under 60 you have a 99.7% chance of being fine. With the vaccines you have a 90% chance. Easy choice. Who knows maybe in a couple years I will get the vaccine. Doubtful because no reason for me to. With or without vaccine it’s still the same. Also Astra and J&J have been removed from being supplied to Europe in the future. Seems Europe does not want them anymore.

Your Percentage numbers show a lack of understanding of what those percentages mean. I see this a lot on Twitter and other places. The 99.7% means you have a 99.7% chance of survival if you get it, the 90% of the vaccine means the vaccine prevents approximately 90% of infections, and then if you do get it do you then have a 99.7% chance of survival.

Last edited:

Matthew70

Reaction score
I understand that but do we really believe there is a 90% chance of not catching the virus for a year? Will be interesting in a year or 2 what the numbers will be. Hopefully by then here immunity has taken over or the virus is less deadly. Also one without the vaccine under 60 has a 99.7% chance of survival.

Attachments

• 0BEAAB72-6B06-4609-9BBF-B2F2E5661C84.jpeg
    0BEAAB72-6B06-4609-9BBF-B2F2E5661C84.jpeg
    94.5 KB · Views: 0

Jacob

Reaction score
I understand that but do we really believe there is a 90% chance of not catching the virus for a year? Will be interesting in a year or 2 what the numbers will be. Hopefully by then here immunity has taken over or the virus is less deadly.

I don’t disagree that the numbers likely won’t be as good as they were in the trials, but then again they don’t have to be 90-95% effective to make a significant difference.

Matthew70

Reaction score
I agree. I’m not against vaccines. If makes someone feel better and possibly can prevent death. Then go for it. I just hope it’s not forced on people. America is already on brink of chaos.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
If you believe this, you really don't understand what Covid does to people.

Matthew70

Reaction score
This is the numbers cdc puts out. Who knows really what the true numbers are. Both sides have lied. To how many cases we have had to how many deaths there has been. As for the 99.7% survival I do believe that number. Same could be said for vaccines and the amount of reactions and deaths from them. Bottom line is just do what one is comfortable doing. Wear a mask, social distance and get vaccine if that is what someone prefers. There is no wrong or right and no absolute truth. One thing we do know is the govt lies and does not care for anyone but themselves.

Matthew70

Reaction score
Also in my occupation and own family. I know of close to 200 people who have had it. All survived and are fine. Except 3 family members of the ones I know got it. They passed away. 2 were much older and unhealthy. 1 was mid 50’s and healthy. Also another older in his 60’s. Was in hospital for couple months. So I would say the 99.7% is about accurate.

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score
Also in my occupation and own family. I know of close to 200 people who have had it. All survived and are fine. Except 3 family members of the ones I know got it. They passed away. 2 were much older and unhealthy. 1 was mid 50’s and healthy. Also another older in his 60’s. Was in hospital for couple months. So I would say the 99.7% is about accurate.
First off, you have just said limited data showing a yield of 3 out of 200 is “about right” and equated it to a much larger data set with a yield of 3 out of 1000. That’s a statement iobviously made by someone who doesn’t understand statistics. Second (and to Ghost’s point above), you have equated “not dying” with “just fine”. There is a vast gap between those two.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
First off, you have just said limited data showing a yield of 3 out of 200 is “about right” and equated it to a much larger data set with a yield of 3 out of 1000. That’s a statement iobviously made by someone who doesn’t understand statistics. Second (and to Ghost’s point above), you have equated “not dying” with “just fine”. There is a vast gap between those two.
yep... long haulers... I know some ages early 30s to late 60s

Matthew70

Reaction score
JUST IN: Pfizer CEO says people will “likely” need a booster dose of COVID vaccine within 12 months of getting fully vaccinated.

Follow @Breaking911

Lmao.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I had my first shot today - Moderna. I felt a little fatigue but I seem to have already got past that. I've yet to feel any soreness that everyone keeps talking about and it has been 7 hours since I had my shot.
Scratch that. The fatigue is kicking my tail. Only side effect I've experienced though, so I count myself lucky.

Back