• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We would love for you to become a part of our community.
    Take a moment to look around and join the discussion.
    CLICK HERE TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

COVID-19 detected in United States (3 Viewers)

Jacob

Europe is having an increase of cases very similar to what the southern US just experienced. It'll be interesting to see if they have the same typical 40-60 day peak like the southern US had.

Jacob

Just a short update, hospitalizations in southern states continue to fall at a steady pace throughout the region.

Arizona was the first state in this "sunbelt wave", and their hospitalizations have now fallen to the lowest value they've recorded. They started reporting hospitalizations on April 13 with 535 hospitalized. After peaking at 3517 hospitalized on July 14th, they are at 489 hospitalized as of September 14th.

Texas peaked at 10,893 hospitalized on July 26th, and are currently at 3,391 hospitalized as of September 14th.

Similarly, California peaked at 8,820 hospitalized on July 26th, and are currently at 3665 hospitalized...their lowest value since April 10th.

Same case in Alabama where we peaked on August 6th at 1,613 hospitalized. Current value for today is at 718 hospitalized.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
My sister died as a result of Covid on September 1st. She was 52 years old. She did have pre-existing conditions, but she was living with those. She could not survive this virus though. :(
I am so sorry Melody... this virus is terrible and I pray for peace and comfort for you and your family

akt1985

The Big Ten changed their mind and will play an 8 game conference schedule beginning in October. Still, some college football games have had to be postponed due to COVID outbreaks on campus.

_melody_

PerryW Project Supporter
I am so sorry Melody... this virus is terrible and I pray for peace and comfort for you and your family

Thank you. It's just such a horrible virus, and it's made even worse by having to be isolated. It's heartbreaking.

StormStalker

Staff member
Special Affiliations
SKYWARN® Volunteer,
UNA found the first asymptomatic case on campus through the random sentinel testing program of faculty, staff, and students. Out of the 95 tests done so far they have only found the one positive case. Testing started the week of Labor Day so we have a small sample size thus far.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)