• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

College Football 2018 Season

rolltide_130

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
11am kick off for Louisiana-Lafayette. Gross.

Not that the 93 degree 2:30 kick off for A&M is any better.

Thank the SEC for scheduling our game vs Missouri the same day as Georgia vs LSU because if they didn't do that we'd be doomed to a 2:30 kick on CBS that week as well.

That may legitimately be our only night home game all season.

Kory

Reaction score
Board of Trustees is voting tomorrow on the South endzone upper deck demolition and jumbotron addition (we just spent $80 million on it).

I don't think I'll be donating any money to UA athletics nor paying for their overpriced season tickets that I have to wait a decade for. I'm glad Greg Byrne can piss away tens of millions of dollars, yet we can't get a better home opponent than New Mexico State. I miss Mal Moore :(

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Board of Trustees is voting tomorrow on the South endzone upper deck demolition and jumbotron addition (we just spent $80 million on it).

I don't think I'll be donating any money to UA athletics nor paying for their overpriced season tickets that I have to wait a decade for. I'm glad Greg Byrne can piss away tens of millions of dollars, yet we can't get a better home opponent than New Mexico State. I miss Mal Moore :(

Those upper end zone seats on both ends need to go. They are absolutely the worst live game experience I've ever seen. Glad to see at least one end going away. But I do understand what you are saying. Seems wasteful.

rolltide_130

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
Those upper end zone seats on both ends need to go. They are absolutely the worst live game experience I've ever seen. Glad to see at least one end going away. But I do understand what you are saying. Seems wasteful.

If they're going to be tearing down half the stadium they need to at least find a way to rework the acoustics to make the sound echo more and make the place louder.

Everyone I know who's been to multiple stadiums says Bryant Denny is way, way too quiet for a stadium of its size.

Kory

Reaction score
If they're going to be tearing down half the stadium they need to at least find a way to rework the acoustics to make the sound echo more and make the place louder.

Everyone I know who's been to multiple stadiums says Bryant Denny is way, way too quiet for a stadium of its size.
It’s mainly our geriatric Tide Pride folk who sit like they’re at Sunday service. You’ve seen the student section first hand which gets rowdy but that’s only 1/4 of the stadium.

Kory

Reaction score
Also thought this was intriguing. All the rumors of Jalen redshirting...I don't think he wants to nor Saban plans on it as it seems to 2 QB system will continue for the foreseeable future.

"Every time I've talked to Jalen since the season started, he's said, 'Coach, I want to play,' and has never said otherwise," Saban said. "He's done everything we've asked him to do. He's never asked not to play in a game. He says he's ready to play and has practiced well and prepared well. Jalen's a competitor, and the kids on this team respect him. They respect both quarterbacks.
"And I think it says a lot about both kids that neither one of them has ever said a bad word about the other."

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...g-crimson-tide?ex_cid=espnapi_affiliate_IFTTT

rolltide_130

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
Also thought this was intriguing. All the rumors of Jalen redshirting...I don't think he wants to nor Saban plans on it as it seems to 2 QB system will continue for the foreseeable future.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...g-crimson-tide?ex_cid=espnapi_affiliate_IFTTT

I'm intrigued to know what happens when we get into a 4 quarter game. Will Tua stay in for all 60 minutes or will Saban try to have packages for Jalen even if its the 4th quarter of a tight game?

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I've given up trying to figure out the quarterback situation. Whatever happens happens

rolltide_130

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
I've given up trying to figure out the quarterback situation. Whatever happens happens

What I do know is that if they were both sophomores and Jalen didnt have 2 years of starting experience he would be a benchwarmer.. I watched a video that said Blake Barnett being a coward and transferring is the best thing that ever happened to Hurts

Jacob

Reaction score
I'm intrigued to know what happens when we get into a 4 quarter game. Will Tua stay in for all 60 minutes or will Saban try to have packages for Jalen even if its the 4th quarter of a tight game?

Tua is the starter, and would stay in the entire game if it was close. I really don’t think there’s much/any real doubt about that.

Hurts hasn’t seen a minute of action in a game yet where it wasn’t all but decided already. I highly doubt that’ll change as the season goes on.

Jacob

Reaction score
Tua is the starter, and would stay in the entire game if it was close. I really don’t think there’s much/any real doubt about that.

Hurts hasn’t seen a minute of action in a game yet where it wasn’t all but decided already. I highly doubt that’ll change as the season goes on.

I think today’s game answered any questions about who would get what playing time

akt1985

Reaction score
Auburn beat Arkansas tonight 34-3. Sounds good on paper except a lot of the points were on special teams and defense. The offense really struggled tonight, especially in the red zone. Arkansas even outgained Auburn in total yards and rush yards. I am starting to wonder if the option Gus Malzhan is ruining is right for Jarret Stidham. If there offense doesn’t improve, Auburn will get blown out by Bama and Georgia.

rolltide_130

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
Yeah I'd say we can finally 100% put the QB questions to bed. Jalen has no packages or anything and is just a mop-up QB.

Tua was a statistical monster today but I would argue that this was actually his worst game so far in an Alabama uniform. I know I'm nitpicking, but he had a few throws get away from him and he showed some reluctance to take the easy checkdown and got greedy on a couple throws that were incompletions but wouldn't have been if he checked it down and let the receiver do the rest. He had monstrous stats but I am legitimately concerned he may have also provided LSU, MSU, Auburn, and Georgia the formula on how to stop him in the process (Keep him in the pocket and lock down the vertical routes to force him to have to either check it down or force an ill-advised throw). I have a feeling coach Enos will be making a point to correct that in film study this week.

Kory

Reaction score
Boy, lots of struggle wins yesterday. OU going to overtime with Army. How about the ACC imploding with Louisville being boatraced by Virginia. Virginia Tech blown out by Old Dominion. It's the SEC and then everyone else.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Boy, lots of struggle wins yesterday. OU going to overtime with Army. How about the ACC imploding with Louisville being boatraced by Virginia. Virginia Tech blown out by Old Dominion. It's the SEC and then everyone else.

How would have you enjoyed being an Oklahoma fan, having their game versus Army televised only on PPV and having to pay $55 to watch them almost get beat???

rolltide_130

Reaction score
Special Affiliations

Also saw MSU implode against Kentucky. So much for the Joe Moorehead train.

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score
Also saw MSU implode against Kentucky. So much for the Joe Moorehead train.
We were destroyed by 2 players, Benny Snell on offense and Josh Allen on defense. Our defense couldn't stop Snell, and our O-line couldn't stop Allen. Those two guys literally determined the outcome of the game.

Back