• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe WX April 4th-6th, 2022 Severe Weather Threat

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
That debris from the tornado back west of Dexter is still showing up on the radar. It's a bigger CC drop than the actual ongoing tornado. Very weird.

The circulation near Adrian looks like it's tightening up again too and there's a circulation to the south of it near Soperton, right along I-16. Two circulations within the same warning.

MattPetrulli

Reaction score
Seems like WF is at about where I drew a line based off surface obs, could be a little off to north/south but point is those SC tornadic cells still have a decent ways to go before getting undercut
1649192858111.png
53de4f5b9a888859b268f8f139451664.png

Reaction score
Claxton cell with the prime real estate is starting to get that look in the last couple scans.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
The Claxton/Pembroke area cells seems to have completed its merger, so I guess we'll see how much it can get its act back together. The severe-warned cell south of Jesup should be watched as well.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Really wish southeast Georgia had better radar coverage. A couple of these storms are a long way away from both Charleston and Jacksonville.

There's a bit of rotation near Hephzibah, GA, right on the fringes of the Augusta metro. If that keeps moving it could obviously be an issue since there's an event you might have heard of going on in Augusta this week.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Looks like the big boy is going to move right over Pembroke, hopefully it's not producing. There's a string of cells south of there that are starting to get organized and will also need to be watched. I think it's safe to say the 10% hatched was well-placed and well-justified.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Yeah I guess it's safe to say that storm came out of the merger unscathed. Yikes. It might miss some of the most populated areas on its current track but if it turns to the right any more it could be a real issue for the Savannah metro area. Could be an issue for the southern part of Effingham Co. even if it does stay north of Savannah proper.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
That exact area was hit by an F3 tornado back in 1998. I remember that day very distinctly because we got sent home from school early due to weather.

Back