• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe WX April 4th-6th, 2022 Severe Weather Threat

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
It's pretty far from the radar but that might be a debris signature on the tornado-warned storm east of Abbeville as well. That would be moving right toward Milan and then McRae, which is a larger town (5000 or so people).

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Confirmed tornado moving toward Milan, GA. It may have skirted Rhine, which is a smaller town between Abbeville and Milan.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Oh wow, massive TDS near Dexter, GA. That's moving right toward Dublin (about 50,000 people). Could be a very bad situation if it holds together.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Yeah, that's gonna cross right over I-16 and hit the south side of Dublin if it holds together. I don't know if that's still down or if it's just residual debris, since it's not super impressive on velocity.

keithGA

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Yeah, that's gonna cross right over I-16 and hit the south side of Dublin if it holds together. I don't know if that's still down or if it's just residual debris, since it's not super impressive on velocity.
CC drop is fading with each scan, so hopefully it is no longer down.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Yeah, FFC let the warning expire, so hopefully it's done, or at least done until it gets past the populated parts of Laurens Co.

WMAZ is on the phone with Bibb EMA and it sounds like there are a lot of trees down in north Macon, including one on a house.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
New tornado includes Tifton, GA, which is one of the largest towns in that area. Looks like a supercellular structure is trying to get its act together in the Claxton area in Evans Co., GA. as well. That could end up passing close to the Statesboro area (Georgia Southern Univ.).

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
It looks like a lot of the semi-discrete segments of the main line are starting to congeal into a more linear structure again, but there are quite a few discrete cells out ahead of the line now. One that I mentioned in the Claxton area and another in the Waycross area look like they might be trying to get going and rotate, and that area west of Savannah is the sweet spot in terms of parameters right now.

Jpgood97

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
75c262cac6df2712038b21c49bcf73ce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Is that a TDS between Dublin and Dexter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's probably residual debris, because the velocity signature isn't impressive at all and it doesn't look like it's actually down anymore.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
New tornado warning just south of the Allendale area from the storm that originated back around Sylvania, GA. There's also another couplet that's popped up north of Dublin, and maybe another developing just south of the one that's been warned right along I-16.

New tornado warning for the Claxton storm too. Pretty impressive hail core on that but it looks like it's about to ingest another storm.

Edit: The one north of Dublin is warned now.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Ehrhardt may be impacted a second time by the trailing cell

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
The circulation north of Dublin is really wrapping up now. Maybe a CC drop too, that might be on the ground between Dublin and Wrightsville.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Once this merger gets situated, watch this cell as its in relatively untapped air and has great inflow
Yeah it's moving into basically the peak parameter space according to mesoanalysis. Could be a real problem if that merger doesn't choke it off.

1649192371803.png

Back