• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!
Logo 468x120

Severe WX April 29-May 2nd, 2022 Severe Weather Threat

Brice Wood

Reaction score
Top ten all time footage perhaps

This video have everything that you need for a tornado to be considered “violent.” The upward motion, the motion in general, the horizontal vortices, some of which I’ve never seen before. Ever

Reaction score
This video have everything that you need for a tornado to be considered “violent.” The upward motion, the motion in general, the horizontal vortices, some of which I’ve never seen before. Ever
I saw it as being black before I took a picture of it. I live 7 SE of the YMCA that was hit. I have worked out there before. I saw it in a destructive stage for a brief moment and took a picture of it in its decaying stage. To think I may have seen a violent EF4 tornado just blows my mind.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Unlike a ton of plains tornadoes where the intensity is genuinely unknown because it didn't hit much, this one was within city limits for the vast majority of its track, so it probably inflicted maximum intensity on structures somewhere; if we continue to have very few reports if any of significant injuries it'll be a pretty decent miracle. Definitely greater than EF2, vegetation damage approaches violent level somewhere in there I'd imagine.