• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Severe WX April 25-27, 2023 (Southern States)

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Hmmm... upcoming severe weather threat? Sees date
mr-krabs-falls.gif

KevinH

Reaction score
I do not like this but since my birthday is Friday, it'll probably happen. I was hoping to get through my birthday smoothly.
In April? In Dixie?

Sir, you know better lol

Thursday is just something to watch…. FOR NOW. Let’s see what the models and SPC say Tue/Wed.

KevinH

Reaction score
IIRC, so far Dixie has been fairly quiet compared to the west of here.

It is a LITTLE concerning that my midland Wx radios did not alert for a SVR we had a couple weeks ago (yes I checked the settings on both.)

Wait and see…. As usual

JPWX

Reaction score
6z NAM CWASP. And then the other reason why we're gonna have a severe weather threat. Thanks KGWX!

Attachments

• CWASPnam212F084 (1).png
    CWASPnam212F084 (1).png
    252.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2023-04-24 074334.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-24 074334.png
    64.1 KB · Views: 0

KevinH

Reaction score
6z NAM CWASP. And then the other reason why we're gonna have a severe weather threat. Thanks KGWX!
Same areas Just. Like. You. Said. SMH..

The areas directly above the north central gulf (MS/AL) can’t (won’t?) catch a break! Once again, they are the “Oklahomas of the Deep South”

Stupid moisture return lol

*sigh*

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
SPC mentioning concerns with the tilt of the incoming trough and also how difficult these types of setups are to predict. Mayfield also came out of a positively tilted trough Let’s hope this busts because the South doesn’t need another outbreak this year, let alone on a cursed date like Palm Sunday or April 27.

KevinH

Reaction score
SPC mentioning concerns with the tilt of the incoming trough and also how difficult these types of setups are to predict. Mayfield also came out of a positively tilted trough Let’s hope this busts because the South doesn’t need another outbreak this year, let alone on a cursed date like Palm Sunday or April 27.
Well let’s see what is being said on Tue/Wed.

While we may know what COULD happen, we don’t know what is GOING to happen because, as we all know, Dixie likes to flip us the bird (sometimes more than once, and/or on D1), and do whatever the hell it wants anyway.

#WaitAndSee (and prepare)

Back