• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Severe WX April 22-24th, 2020 Severe Weather Threat

bwalk

Reaction score
The tornado in SE Georgia does look weak on velocity scan but the wording of the NWS KJAX warning is definitely not weak.

"At 141 PM EDT, a confirmed large and extremely dangerous tornado was located near Cogdell, or 9 miles northwest of Homerville,
moving east at 50 mph.
This is a PARTICULARLY DANGEROUS SITUATION. TAKE COVER NOW!"

Matt Grantham

Meteorologist
Reaction score
I think the enhanced risk could be brought up north and east some on the BMX forecast (30-50 miles), but I also see why they don’t. Respectfully, the start it up and work it down approach looks better with this setup and the “tornadoes” on the enhanced risk label looks better than “perhaps a tornado”. Tonight and tomorrow are going to bring something significant! Stay safe!

I think "perhaps a tornado" was too bullish.

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
This tor may go into the Atlantic!!

NorthBamaWX

Reaction score
EWTyE2DUEAETmWZ

Weatherphreak

Reaction score
Are you watching Brett on the livestormchasing.com website? For some reason, none of the live streams on that site have worked for me for the last couple of days.
I couldn't get it to work on my laptop so I'm watching from my phone. I had trouble yesterday about the time they were intercepting that Red River storm.

Back