• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Severe WX April 19-22nd, 2023

Sawmaster

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I don't think its sub-par surveying, it just seems like they no longer seem interested in sharing their findings with the public anymore, so we don't even really know what kind of surveying is going on at OUN.
The details do seem to be disappearing from some offices. Perhaps it's intentional as a way to fend off potential criticism of a poorly done job? That's what I'm getting from it all :(

Nobody enjoys having their work criticized, but if someone's work can't withstand that test then they need to either learn to do better and do it, or quit the business and go do something they can be competent at :mad: It is not acceptable in any "Science" to hide any aspect of your work and in fact it is the open review of everything which sets Science at the top of the podium instead of being an "also-ran".

crossbowftw3

Reaction score
Hadn't really been paying attention to anything wx-related the last few days and now there's randomly a radar-indicated tornado just across the NY border a handful of miles from my house. Go figure lol. I have a friend in Roscoe (not directly in the path, I don't think, but very close) so I'm hoping I can get in touch with her to see if she can confirm. Briefly had a fairly impressive signature for this area.

At my location in Southwestern Sullivan I almost certainly was witnessing this storm getting prepared to drop *something* as it passed over my house approximately 45-50 minutes earlier. Wouldn’t be shocked if it indeed did

crossbowftw3

Reaction score
At my location in Southwestern Sullivan I almost certainly was witnessing this storm getting prepared to drop *something* as it passed over my house approximately 45-50 minutes earlier. Wouldn’t be shocked if it indeed did
I absolutely was watching the genesis of this tornado then:

Attachments

• 3D3B7EC3-AFD1-4E36-893A-E16422E63F1F.jpeg
    3D3B7EC3-AFD1-4E36-893A-E16422E63F1F.jpeg
    261 KB · Views: 0

buckeye05

Reaction score
Does anyone have any damage information whatsoever on the Pink, OK EF2 and EF3? I can't find anything at all, and NWS Norman still isn't releasing info. It's kinda frustrating.

Last edited:

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Does anyone have any damage information whatsoever on the Pink, OK EF2 and EF3? I can't find anything at all, and NWS Norman still isn't releasing info. It's kinda frustrating.

Data points and details are apparently extensive on the private side of the DAT, but for whatever reason they haven't put any of it on the public side yet. Not sure why Norman differs from most other WFOs in not putting stuff on the public side as it's updated but at least there's some acknowledgement

Back