• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Severe WX April 19-22nd, 2023

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
This one could turn into a relatively large threat area and potentially significant for some areas. Seems like the low pressure isn't in best of positions though lol upper level low and surface low aren't vertically stacked not sure how detrimental that'll be but something worth noting I think (if that's even a bad thing lol)

Last edited:

ColdFront

Reaction score
I feel like we reached our zenith for severe weather events for the first half (or most probable all) of 2023 back on 3/31.

However, it will be interesting to see how this one evolves. Looks like the CIPS guidance has this in the vicinity of the 12/10/2021 outbreak. The Euro MUCAPE for Friday has decent cape in that area, with the higher amounts centered south and south west.

A ton of uncertainty on this one.

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I feel like we reached our zenith for severe weather events for the first half (or most probable all) of 2023 back on 3/31.

However, it will be interesting to see how this one evolves. Looks like the CIPS guidance has this in the vicinity of the 12/10/2021 outbreak. The Euro MUCAPE for Friday has decent cape in that area, with the higher amounts centered south and south west.

A ton of uncertainty on this one.
It’s. Still early

Austin Dawg

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
It would be just like mother nature to crank severe weather back up the end of this month and keep it going in May. I already had a suspicion that things would be busy in the traditional Tornado Ally in May.

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
It would be just like mother nature to crank severe weather back up the end of this month and keep it going in May. I already had a suspicion that things would be busy in the traditional Tornado Ally in May.
I think the southeast severe threat (4/22) will probably drop off considerably after this threat. Starting to get into the usual timeframe of pretty meager shear and higher instability unless you get a very deep low that scoots through.

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I think the southeast severe threat (4/22) will probably drop off considerably after this threat. Starting to get into the usual timeframe of pretty meager shear and higher instability unless you get a very deep low that scoots through.
I like to give it mid May before I call it off for my area midsouth … than after that it’s wait till fall severe wx time

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I see that another forecaster at the Storm Prediction Center has put out a low confidence Day 4+ severe weather risk area.

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I see that another forecaster at the Storm Prediction Center has put out a low confidence Day 4+ severe weather risk area.

I think severe weather will occur in that region, especially AR by the end of this week, but that threat centered on Thursday versus Friday is questionable.

Reaction score
severe_fcst_6panel_041712.png

@Lake Martin EF4 can you update the thread title to include the 19th?

Back