• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

2021 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Tweet has been deleted… what did it say?
Something something evacuations end in Afghanistan in 24 hours, last chance to leave.
It's untrue, hence deleted.

Evan

Reaction score
Something something evacuations end in Afghanistan in 24 hours, last chance to leave.
It's untrue, hence deleted.

It stated civilian evacuations to end in 24 hours. It's a very fluid situation and US troop drawdown has already started. US citizens are being blocked from being able to reach the airport. It's impeachable behavior by Biden. He's abandoning US citizens in a war zone for political purposed. No one knows if the 24 hour timeline given is accurate as the admin has repeatedly and brazenly lied about the situation on the ground and their plans. Repeatedly. Can't believe a word they say.

It's pretty obvious we're not going to get all of our people out let alone our Afghan allies who sacrificed more than we can ever comprehend. Utter debacle. Pure cowardice. Nothing but lies from the White House.

Taliban 1
Joe Biden 0

The truth is the truth. Whether it's Trump in the White House or Biden I'm always going to judge them on their actions and behavior not politics. This is a betrayal, that in my mind, exceeds Trump's crimes in relation to Ukraine. Biden still has a ways to go to approach Trump's overall level of incompetence, dishonesty, and shamelessness, but when compared to any President before Trump, except for Nixon, it's the most rotten leadership I've ever seen.

I'm sorry I demand that our leaders lead. No one put a gun to their head and demanded they run for office. Joe Biden has betrayed his own citizens and our allies in a way that defies description. A pox on his soul. And I'm someone who wanted Biden to win the Democratic primary in 2008. I've long been a Joe Biden fan. Obviously, I made a great mistake.

In my adult life I don't know that I've ever been this angry at a politician. Not even Trump ever pissed me off this badly. Because I expected stupid immoral behavior from him. These are not mere words. I AM LIVID at the callous dereliction of duty on display by this administration. I am ashamed to be an American.

Witnessing this play out with many Biden allies pretending this is politics is usual is just nauseating. It's on par or exceeds Trump's lies, dereliction of duty, and total malfeasance vis a vis COVID. I have to grade Trump on a curve because he's self-absorbed fool. He doesn't know better. Biden knows better. Quite honestly, that makes it worse to me. I expect narcissist morons to act like narcissistic morons so I'm prepared for their depraved stupidity and complete lack of empathy and humanity. How do I reconcile the same with Biden? Maybe he really does have dementia.

Edit: I'm sure you already know this, but this isn't aimed at you, KoD. It's a broad response to what's currently happening in AFG.

Last edited:
Reactions: KoD

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I can't name a single president in our history that would have bungled this as bad as Biden has screwed up this withdrawal. Blame who you want to blame on our history there, but Bush, Obama and Trump all couldn't have done worse that Biden has regarding the withdrawal. This is incompetence of the highest degree.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Gen Mark Milley - Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff
Gen Lloyd Austin - Sec of Defense
Anthony Blinken - Sec of State
Rear Admiral Peter Vasely - Commander of Forces In Afghanistan

Did Biden consult with these guys before executing this debacle of a withdrawal? Were they in agreement with this failure or did they oppose it and then Biden overrode and went on his own?

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Gen Mark Milley - Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff
Gen Lloyd Austin - Sec of Defense
Anthony Blinken - Sec of State
Rear Admiral Peter Vasely - Commander of Forces In Afghanistan

Did Biden consult with these guys before executing this debacle of a withdrawal? Were they in agreement with this failure or did they oppose it and then Biden overrode and went on his own?
I don't know who, but he had high level advisors whose recommendations he did not take. Of course, he's denying this but that is likely CYA.

Evan

Reaction score

Evan

Reaction score
Reports now say at least 12 American service members were killed. 11 Marines and 1 Navy Medic.

Evan

Reaction score

Kory

Reaction score
Where the hell is the federal government with the help for Louisiana?! It’s like they haven’t learned anything since Katrina…

The severe lack of fuel is really hampering the start of clean up and recovery.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
FEMA continues to be an utter embarrassment. A lot of people in Louisiana are not getting the help they need.

probably Bush's fault

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back