• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

2021 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gangstonc

Reaction score
I know it's not what you meant, but replying to a post that states "her ancestors were slaves" with "Very cool!" seems awkward. Does that make me part of Evan's woke mob?
I should have said “interesting”. I was more focused on the location than anything. My mistake.

Evan

Reaction score
I know it's not what you meant, but replying to a post that states "her ancestors were slaves" with "Very cool!" seems awkward. Does that make me part of Evan's woke mob?

Depends. Are you merely woke or totally unconscious? Bonus points if this is all just a dream.

Edit: Actually, the biggest question now is whether or not we cancel gangstonc, track down his employer and try to get him fired, and then salt the earth in front of his home.

I can't answer this question alone, but if gangstonc posts a sobbing apology video and pays me large "anti-racist" consulting fees, I think an accommodation can be reached in which he's allowed to re-enter society and be employed again after 15-20 years. Surely after enduring all that he'll be more careful in the future and hopefully he'll have learned enough to even participate in future cancelations of others.

Last edited:

StormStalker

Staff member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
The Alabama Sentate voted down Senator Del Marsh's gaming bill just now.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Mo Brooks has announced he is running for Senator Shelby's seat in the Senate. I'd rather vote for Twinkle

Evan

Reaction score
The border situation is simply out of control in a variety of ways. I don't have any easy answers or solutions, but Biden and his team wanted this job so they need to figure it out.

Evan

Reaction score
I don't care for Ron DeSantis. At all. But, this Publix "pay-to-play" story is a bunch of BS and it's why people don't trust the media.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I don't care for Ron DeSantis. At all. But, this Publix "pay-to-play" story is a bunch of BS and it's why people don't trust the media.
yeah. The unedited version of the 60 minutes story is pretty damning for 60 Minutes' integrity

Evan

Reaction score
yeah. The unedited version of the 60 minutes story is pretty damning for 60 Minutes' integrity

Yep. They really destroyed their institutional legacy in one fell swoop. Lot of dishonest reporting and political commentary on the Georgia voting law changes out there as well. Emanating not just from the White House and MSM, but also from Conservative outlets who were critiquing MLB, etc but took it a step too far by misrepresenting voting policy in Colorado.

Being a reasonable person willing to call balls and strikes on either side these days seems like a very small group and only getting smaller. This country is deeply polarized and it's now carried over into nearly everything. Whether it's "alternative facts" or "my truth" it's nothing more than a willingness to abuse the truth for cheap political points. Not healthy.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back