• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

2021 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score
I would love to say that I find this surprising, but I don't. When I heard about the rally, I thought things could get bad. When I heard that Trump was going to speak at the rally, I thought things would get bad. When I heard Trump speak at the rally, I knew things would get bad. Turns out, things got bad.

Evan

Reaction score
Cabinet has to invoke the 25th amendment tonight or Congress must impeach and remove Trump tomorrow. He should be banned from ever holding office again. There's simply no other choice left. See Trump's recent tweet from 15 minutes ago. Intolerable. It's also to prevent Trump from pardoning the violent mob who attacked the Capitol.

There are hundreds of clear photos of the faces of the people who ransacked the Capitol. They must all be charged with sedition. What they did is literally is the definition of sedition in the US Criminal code.

https://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml... or more persons,force to prevent, hinder, or

A line in the sand must be drawn. Our country does not and can not tolerate this kind of behavior. An example must be set to ensure the peaceful transfer of power in the future and to make sure our electoral process doesn't devolve into this kind of violence and unrest every time a group doesn't agree with the outcome of an election.

Unfortunately I always knew this day would come. It's why I've always been so adamantly against Trump. I know there's a number of people here who have felt similarly since Trump walked down that escalator. All of us knew this is where things would end up. The GOP destroyed itself for one man's ego. Graham and others should have trusted their original gut feel and position on Trump.

I also think Hawley, Cruz, etc should have all of their committee assignments revoked by McConnell. He warned them. They persisted. Yes, he'll no longer be Majority Leader but he'll still be in charge of GOP assignments for committees. Completely neuter Hawley, Cruz, and any other Senator who objected. McCarthy won't do anything in the House, but Pelosi can take some action.

This needs to end by Friday afternoon. Pence should be President until Biden is sworn in. Pence has been a spineless fool up until today. He finally showed some backbone and loyalty to the Constitution even though it was far too late. Nonetheless, he did his job and shouldn't be removed.

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I have this gut feeling that the 25th amendment is in play at this hour.
In other news, CBSNews is reporting that multiple explosive devices were found.

Evan

Reaction score
Donald Trump is directly responsible for the death of this woman.

WARNING: EXTREMELY GRAPHIC:

**Link Removed By Admin**

Last edited by a moderator:

Evan

Reaction score
Wes, is there a way to make the link I posted cold so that no one accidentally loads it or clicks on it that hasn't been given sufficient warning?

WesL

Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Wes, is there a way to make the link I posted cold so that no one accidentally loads it or clicks on it that hasn't been given sufficient warning?
I went ahead and removed it since it would be a violation of our TOS.

Evan

Reaction score
I went ahead and removed it since it would be a violation of our TOS.
OK. My apologies. Where can one read the TOS, BTW, so I know what's allowed and what isn't?

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, tragically that woman died minutes after being shot. Someone in her situation would be lucky to be resuscitated even if shot in an OR full of trauma surgeons. I watched the videos and I personally think everyone should see that kind of material just so they know what true violence actually looks like, but it's absolutely horrific to see. I can't even think about it without my eyes tearing up.
Certainly it has its place though, and if someone wants to see it they can look it up but let's not make it easy for unsolicited eyes. It's really really horrible.

Evan

Reaction score
Yeah, tragically that woman died minutes after being shot. Someone in her situation would be lucky to be resuscitated even if shot in an OR full of trauma surgeons. I watched the videos and I personally think everyone should see that kind of material just so they know what true violence actually looks like, but it's absolutely horrific to see. I can't even think about it without my eyes tearing up.
Certainly it has its place though, and if someone wants to see it they can look it up but let's not make it easy for unsolicited eyes. It's really really horrible.

It is incredibly sad. My understanding is she is from California and is married. Don't know if she has children. I really hope not. Very tragic thing. Ugh. Makes me so angry to see someone pay the price for being susceptible to Trump's lies and manipulation.

Whole thing makes me sick to my stomach. Wish I had a time machine to go back and prevent it from happening. I think people know by know that I'm Pro-Life in every possible way. Wish this would not have happened.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't seen the video. Was the woman shot by police or the rioters? Was she participating in the riot or an employee of the Senate?

StormStalker

Staff member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I haven't seen the video. Was the woman shot by police or the rioters? Was she participating in the riot or an employee of the Senate?
She jumped into a window that was broken in a door and was shot by police. She was inside the capital building. As soon as she jumped into the window one lone shot hit her.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
She jumped into a window that was broken in a door and was shot by police. She was inside the capital building. As soon as she jumped into the window one lone shot hit her.
Sad.... terrible... Prayers for her family and friends

Evan

Reaction score
More on the lady shot and killed when people broke into the Capitol. Unfortunately it seems like she was a victim of conspiracy-mongering as well. Just sad. All this fake reality created simply for political advantage. Our society is really unhealthy.

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score
Pet breaking news on WHNT, the death count is now “at least four”, including the aforementioned lady and 3 others who died “in medical emergencies”.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
I think invoking the 25th Amendment would be appropriate after his actions the last 2 months culminating in his fostering the sedition and insurrection we witnessed yesterday

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
If the far left extremist groups like the radical wings of Antifa or BLM breached the gates at the White House and thousands of them stormed it and took it over and vandalized... ransacked... destroyed property.. and stole documents... would the narrative from the Dem/lib side be... "most of the destruction that occurred was due to MAGAs and Proud Boys that infiltrated the protest"

Jacob

Reaction score
If the far left extremist groups like the radical wings of Antifa or BLM breached the gates at the White House and thousands of them stormed it and took it over and vandalized... ransacked... destroyed property.. and stole documents... would the narrative from the Dem/lib side be... "most of the destruction that occurred was due to MAGAs and Proud Boys that infiltrated the protest"

That was literally the narrative from the far left back during the summer riots, that it was MAGA people infiltrating them and starting riots to make them look bad.

The far left and the far right are almost the same thing, and with the way both social media and the mainstream media fan the divisive flames, the other 90% of us are just along for the ride.

WesL

Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Sounds like the other three that died on Capitol grounds may have fallen from the temporary structures in place for the inauguration.

StormStalker

Staff member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
One of the reported deaths was a person from North Alabama.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back