• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

2020 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
I’m not certain but I think Pence’s comments were from today

Here let me help since you guys can talk about it, but someone else has to research it for you.

Now that that is out of the way, I wish I had the data Mike Pence has. I guess you all are perfect?

Jacob

Reaction score
Here let me help since you guys can talk about it, but someone else has to research it for you.

Now that that is out of the way, I wish I had the data Mike Pence has. I guess you all are perfect?

Better than some, not better than others.

gangstonc

Reaction score

Far from it, but I’m not a liar.

Jacob

Reaction score
Might just get the "no cops" experiment in Atlanta for a short period of time. Multiple precincts last night walked out/had a "blue flu" after the two officers were charged in the shooting of Rashard Brooks. It will be interesting to watch if lasts longer than just a night or two.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
Lots of news this afternoon about Bolton’s book. But he didn’t do those things under oath.

I am curious if he had that information about President Trump, why didn't he testify in front of Congress? Something is fishy here, but we will never hear the exact truth from CNN, MSNBC, NBC, ABC, CBS, or Fox, we will only hear snippets that hit on their agenda.

Shouldn't they be called Agenda sources instead of News Sources?

gangstonc

Reaction score
I am curious if he had that information about President Trump, why didn't he testify in front of Congress? Something is fishy here, but we will never hear the exact truth from CNN, MSNBC, NBC, ABC, CBS, or Fox, we will only hear snippets that hit on their agenda.

I really think Bolton knee he had good enough info for a book and wanted to maximize profits. However, it means he can exaggerate in his book and we can’t fact check it. Things would obviously lily be different in a congressional hearing.

I think most of the news sources are fairly decent. I barely watch any tv. But i do read their websites. I don’t trust the opinion shows at all. Those should be considered strictly entertainment.

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score

According to Bolton there was a directive from the white house not to testify, yada yada courts... House trial flew by, and just when things got started in the Senate Bolton said he'd testify. Conveniently the majority there didn't want his testimony.

Jacob

Reaction score
University of Florida today announced they'll no longer do the "Gator Bait" chant due to its racist origins.

I guess at this point I'm just laughing at some of these decisions.

gangstonc

Reaction score
University of Florida today announced they'll no longer do the "Gator Bait" chant due to its racist origins.

I understand there is some racist folklore behind the term, but this is too much.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS

What Racist Origins?

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
Some say they use to call African American babies “gator bait”. I don’t think it was all that common a term, but I’m not from the area.
I had never heard that. Very sad that people would do that.

Jacob

Reaction score
This is the type of stuff that makes me laugh. Trump tweeted out the following last night, which is an obviously doctored/satire video

Does tweeting this make Trump look good? Of course not, even if the video itself is pretty funny. There's plenty of ways to slam him for posting stupid stuff like this....but what does the media run with? They "fact check" the video and let everybody know it's *gasp* been doctored and he's spreading false videos. Thanks media, nobody with a brain could pick up on that. A couple of examples shown below

The other side of the coin is that those in the media felt it was close enough to reality to have to point out that it was satire, which doesn't exactly speak highly of CNN.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS

This guy is not handling the coronavirus response well.

I mean if you have positive cases you have positive cases. What is the false positive rate?

Jacob

Reaction score
I think Jimmy Kimmel is a hypocrite of the highest order, and his late night show is entirely unwatchable for me, but this "new outrage" about him and some stuff he did on The Man Show (particularly his Karl Malone skit) 20 years ago is absurd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back