• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

2020 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

Reaction score
Regardless of who eventually wins, the polling industry should be dead and completely ignored going forward.

EmBnPm9XEAEgTqP

Jacob

Reaction score
It's pretty much a done deal there. Philly will dump around 250k Biden votes eventually and it'll lead to a 100k+ margin.

I may have been off with this. By my math it looks like there is around 425k votes left to count, and Trump currently has a 135k lead. If Biden gets 2 to 1 votes (or about 66% of the remaining), it's almost a dead tie. If a significant number of that 425k is from Philly, his odds have to be pretty good. If it is more scattered, it might be real close.

Or my math might be way off too.

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
"Biden would need to win only 60 percent of the outstanding vote (mostly mail-in ballots) in Pennsylvania in order to carry the state. According to the Philadelphia Inquirer’s Jonathan Tamari, Biden had won 78 percent of the mail votes counted as of this morning."

penn-results-updatedtwicepng_pennsylvania-results.png

Jacob

Reaction score
I'm calculating about 345k remaining mail-in ballots, with Trump's lead a little under 109k. Biden needs about 66% of the remaining vote to overtake Trump

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
I'm calculating about 345k remaining mail-in ballots, with Trump's lead a little under 109k. Biden needs about 66% of the remaining vote to overtake Trump
Indeed

"There are approximately 369,364 mail-in ballots left to be counted in the state, according to the Pennsylvania's secretary of state website. Philadelphia County estimates that they have 92,000 to 95,000 mail-in and absentee ballots left to count." -CNN

Given current trajectories it seems very favorable for Biden to see this through as the winner and if that happens, game over. And I cannot wait to stop being glued to this stuff...

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Down to 326,348 mail-in ballots to count in PA. Direct link to the dashboard since their website keeps crashing.

Reactions: KoD

Jacob

Reaction score
Georgia is going to be razor thin and will have a recount if needed. Looks like Biden might finish the night very slightly ahead there, but apparently there's still some provisional and military votes to count.

In PA, Trump is up 49k with 210k votes left to count. Biden only needs 62% of the remaining votes to surpass him, and he's been getting them all evening around a 70% clip. Hard not to see it flipping to Biden, probably by around 10-15k IMO.

Arizona looks to be headed to flip to Trump by a similar margin that PA will flip to Biden.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
So are they still counting Senate races or have the winners been determined? Repubs keep the majority? What's the final breakdown?

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score
So are they still counting Senate races or have the winners been determined? Repubs keep the majority? What's the final breakdown?
Both Georgia seats will require a runoff in January. That will determine who controls the senate. Translation: millions of dollars are about to pour into Georgia campaigns from both sides.

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Both Georgia seats will require a runoff in January. That will determine who controls the senate. Translation: millions of dollars are about to pour into Georgia campaigns from both sides.
Yeah, that is a crazy situation as well. I'm sooooooo glad I don't live in Georgia. Talk about threading a needle.

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Yup haha.

Biden now with a small lead in GA, about 1k votes. Biden's lead in PA is expected to grow throughout the day of course.

StormStalker

Staff member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Mississippi voters approved a Medical Marijuana program on Tuesday. It passed roughly 70/30. The program should be up a running by August but we’ll see if they hit that benchmark.

Jacob

Reaction score
Obviously I'd prefer somehow that Trump still wins, but once all the dust settles (Assuming Biden wins), I hope he gets away from politics and doesn't eff up 2024.

StormStalker

Staff member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Obviously I'd prefer somehow that Trump still wins, but once all the dust settles (Assuming Biden wins), I hope he gets away from politics and doesn't eff up 2024.

You mean you wouldn't support a Tucker Carlson/Trump Jr 2024 ticket lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Logo 468x120
Back