• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

2020 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gangstonc

Reaction score
The senate intelligence committee’s final report looks horrible for the “no collusion!” crowd.

Last edited:

Evan

Reaction score
Marjorie Taylor Greene slipping through the cracks...OK, crap happens in any party. Laura freaking Loomer winning a GOP primary with support from numerous sitting GOP members of Congress? I didn't leave the Republican Party. It left me.

I'm never a fan of straight party voting, but I'm considering it. Just as an act of protest. Anyone here want to defend Marjorie Taylor Greene, or, gulp, Laura Loomer? Anyone?

The GOP is Marjorie Taylor Greene, Laura Loomer, and Donald Trump. I want no part of that. I'm not pretending the Democratic Party doesn't have the Squad and its share of idiots, but I'm not a Democrat! I'm politically homeless. What's left other than protest votes?

https://www.rightwingwatch.org/post...she-was-a-rock-star-and-change-agent-for-gop/

But it's not all Republicans, they say. It's a just a few on the fringe. Ronna McDaniel, Chair of the RNC: "Nah, it's all of us."

Who am I to argue with the chair of the RNC? She said Loomer is the future of the Republican Party. I'd say that makes it pretty official.

Anyone willing to defend the Republican Party or Loomer? Anyone?

It's time for a new party based on the ideas and beliefs of people like Justin Amash, Jack Kemp, Mitt Romney, Charles Krauthammer, David French, etc.

Remember, come November, you're not voting against "the radical left" -- you're voting for Laura Loomer, Donald Trump, and Marjorie Taylor Greene. Wear it with pride. The sane members of the GOP have been defecting in droves because they know what the new RNC represents.

Evan

Reaction score
This really shouldn't be a surprise, but it's additional evidence for what I said before.

The Democratic Party is not the answer. But the GOP sure as hell isn't, either. It's time for another way. If it takes Joe Biden to get us there and the GOP ends up fragmented and in the wilderness, then so be it.

Evan

Reaction score
Trump now going wink-wink/nod-nod at his press conference when asked about the insane lunatics who follow Q-Anon.

No one has ever disgraced the Office of the Presidency like this man has. No one in his position has ever tried this much to inflame political and racial tensions, and divide our country wherever a fault line exists.

Certainly no President has ever pushed the quantity of dangerous conspiracy theories and hazardous claims this man has.

Evan

Reaction score
How many former campaign staffers, top advisors, or cabinet members have to be indicted or arrested before people admit this is the most corrupt administration in history?

Campaign Chairman/Campaign Manager: Indicted, Convicted, Imprisoned
National Security Advisor: Indicted, Pled Guilty
Multiple other campaign aides or campaign advisors -- some high-ranking, and some not -- Indicted, Pled Guilty, or Convicted.
Senior Strategist: Indicted

Steve Bannon indicted by Feds in New York:

Again, it really does seem like MAGA stands for Many Are Getting Arrested.

gangstonc

Reaction score
The senate
How many former campaign staffers, top advisors, or cabinet members have to be indicted or arrested before people admit this is the most corrupt administration in history?

Campaign Chairman/Campaign Manager: Indicted, Convicted, Imprisoned
National Security Advisor: Indicted, Pled Guilty
Multiple other campaign aides or campaign advisors -- some high-ranking, and some not -- Indicted, Pled Guilty, or Convicted.
Senior Strategist: Indicted

Steve Bannon indicted by Feds in New York:

Again, it really does seem like MAGA stands for Many Are Getting Arrested.

you are the company you keep

Evan

Reaction score
Trump is simply not capable of this kind of empathy. What makes anyone think Trump would care about them? He doesn't. Trump first. His family and cronies are second. Third are normal, real Americans.

I'm not saying vote for Biden. But everyone should want Trump to lose.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
I would have never thought this just a few months ago, but I am strongly considering voting for Doug Jones over Tubberville. I hate his stance on abortion but he seems much more qualified than Tubberville. I just can't find anything I like about Tubby. I wish Sessions had pulled it off

Evan

Reaction score
I would have never thought this just a few months ago, but I am strongly considering voting for Doug Jones over Tubberville. I hate his stance on abortion but he seems much more qualified than Tubberville. I just can't find anything I like about Tubby. I wish Sessions had pulled it off

My plan was always to vote for the rational Republican or Conservative they nominated to replace Moore on the ballot. I actually think Tubby isn't crazy -- it's just that he's spineless and absolutely will say and do whatever Trump wants.

I'm tired of the cult. And, that's literally what it is. I'm no longer going to pretend. It's absolutely a bizzaro cult that people are in thrall to.

Voting for candidates that support abortion destroy part of my soul every time I do it, but unfortunately it is often necessary in 2020 because the alternative are people who want to arrest, deport, and destroy most of my family and friends. It's a survival mechanism at this point.

Nonetheless, I'm in the same predicament you are as my plan was always to vote for the Republican next time around. All they had to do was nominate a decently qualified candidate who demonstrates independence from Trump. Nope, Alabama GOP couldn't pull it off.

I'm reaching the "drag myself through broken glass" point in 2020 and will absolutely vote for Doug Jones. I just don't care anymore. Absolutely nothing is as important as getting Trump out of office. If people could simply understand how Trump is so irreparably damaging Christianity, the GOP, and Democracy -- they'd understand why voting for Trump in 2020 is simply not something that can be morally justified at this point. Saying you supported Trump in the very near future is going to be akin to claiming to the World you supported Pinochet or Pol Pot.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer

The moment Tuberville was declared the winner my vote was cast for Doug Jones. I voted for him last time as well.

I couldn't vote in the runoff because I voted in the Democratic primary(had to cast that ballot against Bernie because for some dumb reason I saw him as a legitimate threat to the nomination), but I absolutely would have voted for Sessions. He's not perfect, but he's not the troll the media made him out to be either. Not to mention, Shelby likely won't be around Washington much longer and it would be nice for our senior Senator to have built in connections and influence.

And, remember, the Republican Party does not want abortion to end.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
May end up voting for Jo Jorgensen for POTUS. The Libertarians have a knack for nominating quacks but she seems decent on the surface. I don't agree with her on everything but find me anyone I can't say that about. Not crazy about her Veep pick but its not like she has a shot at winning anyway.

Evan

Reaction score
The moment Tuberville was declared the winner my vote was cast for Doug Jones. I voted for him last time as well.

I couldn't vote in the runoff because I voted in the Democratic primary(had to cast that ballot against Bernie because for some dumb reason I saw him as a legitimate threat to the nomination), but I absolutely would have voted for Sessions. He's not perfect, but he's not the troll the media made him out to be either. Not to mention, Shelby likely won't be around Washington much longer and it would be nice for our senior Senator to have built in connections and influence.

And, remember, the Republican Party does not want abortion to end.

It really is undeniable at this point. Our political system has basically become a system of producing outrage after outrage, and polemic after polemic, just so incumbents and those entrenched in power can remain there.

As I've stated before in this thread, we need ranked choice voting, we need more 3rd parties, and we need serious reform of our society, political system, and government. I'm not optimistic any of it will happen absent violence or some kind of unforeseen and devastating external event.

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
F940BCCE-D0F0-49E8-8583-4FA1BCE9AF37.jpeg

Evan

Reaction score

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
I know of several people who voted for Trump in 2016 who are so disgusted by his behavior/performance they are not voting for him again. Some are just not going to vote.. (probably about 50%) some are going to write in or vote 3rd party (probably 20%)... some will vote Biden (30%). I don't know or have talked to anyone who voted for Hillary in 2016 that are changing their vote to Trump. Anyone with similar experiences?

gangstonc

Reaction score
I know of several people who voted for Trump in 2016 who are so disgusted by his behavior/performance they are not voting for him again. Some are just not going to vote.. (probably about 50%) some are going to write in or vote 3rd party (probably 20%)... some will vote Biden (30%). I don't know or have talked to anyone who voted for Hillary in 2016 that are changing their vote to Trump. Anyone with similar experiences?
I know of several who won’t vote for Trump again, but i haven’t talked to any that will switch to actually voting for Biden.

KoD

Staff member
Sustaining Member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
We ask patients who the president is as part of assessing their orientation and confusion, the amount of people who act disgusted and say "Uggck... Trump" has increased over the years and particularly this year. Other than that I don't get to sample anyone on their political opinions or voting agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back