• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

2019 College Football Season

Kory

Reaction score
Side note about Saban scolding fans for leaving. Get over it, Nick. It is ABSOLUTELY uncalled for to insist the fan base doesn’t appreciate what the team does. Heat indices were pushing 110 and I saw at least a dozen people being wheeled out of the stadium on stretchers. Water tanks ran empty for a while. I’ve never seen a crowd that agitated in Bryant Denny. Ever. So while you and team have the privilege to have medical staff to rehydrate much faster than under normal circumstances and cooling stations, the fans do not have that.

So, how about you and Byrne use some of the clout and get us a different time slot for early September games when we’re under a heat advisory.

skelly

Reaction score
Also lol. Two schools claiming to be DBU give up over 900 yards of offense combined. I’m not remotely worried about LSU although it’ll likely be a top 5 match up.

See Ehmlinger (sp?) could play in SEC but his O line not so much. They were tackling the LSU DL and backers much of the time so no telling how much holding they did...

Kory

Reaction score
Word from a friend who was working with EMS. Saturday there were over 150 people that had to be treated by paramedics due to heat-related illness.

Sorry, as a fan and alumnus of UA...I love the school, but I was not getting brain damage from heat stroke. Left at the half.

Kory

Reaction score
We're such selfish fans. We don't deserve Alabama football.

There are complementary water stations to keep fans cool, but the lines can take up to thirty minutes, and some stations were completely empty. Other fans waited in line to buy their own water, but these lines take even longer. While these fans are waiting, they are unable to be in stands anyways.

While this was happening, fans were dropping like flies. Dozens of students needed medical attention due to heat exhaustion and dehydration. At times, it felt as if there were too many fans passing out and not enough paramedics to properly take care of them all.

https://saturdayblitz.com/2019/09/07/alabama-football-tide-loyalty-program-inefficient-dangerous/

Evan

Reaction score
Cecil Hurt makes a good point.

Some pushback from Byrne.

I believe the TV contract is actually between the SEC and the various television partners they use. I would think that the TV partner likely has a decent amount of control over who plays/when, however, I also think the SEC has influence over those decisions, and the TV partners take their input into account.

I don't know how much the University themselves can actually do. They should be able to push the SEC to pressure their TV partners to be more equitable with the distribution of morning/afternoon kickoffs.

I think it's a fair request. LSU should have to play some day games at home. Tradition is nice and everything, but teams shouldn't be handed a competitive advantage, and fan-bases shouldn't be disadvantaged because of the desires of another school. It should be as equitable as possible.

You know this as well as anyone, but LSU has a VERY VERY VERY vocal fan-base that thinks nothing of complaining to the SEC about even the tiniest issues whenever they believe they're being treated unfairly. If Alabama and other Universities want to see gametime distribution change, they should probably adopt some of the techniques that LSU fans have used.

I usually prefer Auburn to have night games as well, but so far this year that's all we've had. I'm actually looking forward to a 2:30pm game, but I prefer those to be later in the year because it's just too hot in September (and sometimes in early October).

I actually think that LSU having a high-ranking and some recent success will lead to them getting pushed into some 2:30pm time slots, but I doubt the networks will try to force that on LSU at home. Ironically, if the shoe were on the other foot and Alabama only played night home games, LSU fans would be screaming bloody murder about favoritism.

Kory

Reaction score
I believe the TV contract is actually between the SEC and the various television partners they use. I would think that the TV partner likely has a decent amount of control over who plays/when, however, I also think the SEC has influence over those decisions, and the TV partners take their input into account.

I don't know how much the University themselves can actually do. They should be able to push the SEC to pressure their TV partners to be more equitable with the distribution of morning/afternoon kickoffs.

I think it's a fair request. LSU should have to play some day games at home. Tradition is nice and everything, but teams shouldn't be handed a competitive advantage, and fan-bases shouldn't be disadvantaged because of the desires of another school. It should be as equitable as possible.

You know this as well as anyone, but LSU has a VERY VERY VERY vocal fan-base that thinks nothing of complaining to the SEC about even the tiniest issues whenever they believe they're being treated unfairly. If Alabama and other Universities want to see gametime distribution change, they should probably adopt some of the techniques that LSU fans have used.

I usually prefer Auburn to have night games as well, but so far this year that's all we've had. I'm actually looking forward to a 2:30pm game, but I prefer those to be later in the year because it's just too hot in September (and sometimes in early October).

I actually think that LSU having a high-ranking and some recent success will lead to them getting pushed into some 2:30pm time slots, but I doubt the networks will try to force that on LSU at home. Ironically, if the shoe were on the other foot and Alabama only played night home games, LSU fans would be screaming bloody murder about favoritism.
What used to be our only guaranteed night kick off vs LSU is now a 2:30 CBS pick (very likely). Hopefully homecoming is an evening game but I’ve seen them schedule that at 11am once too.

skelly

Reaction score
People need to pump the brakes on Joe Burrow, Ensminger, and the LSU renaissance until they get into SEC play with SEC defenses. Even if Texas D is above average for Big 12 just look at the Big 12 year in year out they give up big yards. And the LSU D gave up big yards against a back up for CFU in the bowl game and then this season against Ehmlinger, which a lot of teams will but still their defense needs to be ready to carry the team I’d say at least twice this regular season if the want to contend with Alabama and Clemson and Georgia.

Right now I’m having my doubts on Alabama and Auburn until and unless they get the running game going. Two minute offenses win games but we need some four minute offense to make it there. That means the running game and the sticks. (And defense defending the sticks by the way)

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Good job, Bulldogs!

akt1985

Reaction score
Auburn faces a true road test against Florida next week. Meanwhile, I wonder if Bama will be tested before the LSU game the first Saturday in November?

Kory

Reaction score
We'll find out what both Auburn and Florida is made of next weekend.

Clemson's hot mess against UNC makes me feel better about some of our woes.

My #1 team currently...Ohio State. They are about as complete of a team as you can get right now. We've got lots of season left to play.

Tua and those receivers. My goodness. A generational type talent we've got at Bama. Enjoy it while we have it.

skelly

Reaction score
I’m happy for Hurts. I don’t think he’s seen a decent defense.

Admit LSU and Burrow doing well. I don’t think they’ve seen a decent defense.

Florida May have seen a decent defense at Kentucky.

Clemson has seen one decent defense. I think they’re suffering from lack of motivation a loss or almost loss will get them in gear.

Georgia and Auburn are working toward being in the best position because of defense and rushing offense. Edge to Georgia but Auburn just has that mojo feeling right now.

Alabama has a chance with explosive offense. If defense start creating turnovers and offense can avoid turnovers. We don’t have the dominant defense or running game we need so we will need some turnovers on defense and none on offense because at some point it’s going to come down to having the most possessions in a close one.

Wisconsin and Ohio State look strong but I just don’t have confidence in either going do n the stretch but they’re the only ones I see that could threaten the SEC powers, Clemson and Oklahoma.

Kory

Reaction score
EGJeF4xX0AAayUn

skelly

Reaction score
I feel like Gus got to fancy. He had his offense and qb thinking to much and trying to set up plays that he couldn’t get to. Gators defense was stout but your supposed to lose if you turn the ball over that much to a decent SEC team.

Back