• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

2019 College Football Season

skelly

Reaction score
Whoever wins this game I don’t know but this Louisville coach is the real deal that’s how you off season and spring and fall camp and come in to season ready to play. I’d take him over a lot of overpaid coaches.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
He’s doing a lot with not very much. Petrino left him basically nothing in terms of linemen. Their offensive production did drop off a lot once they were off their pregame script though.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Good news and bad news for Auburn. Malzahn calling plays.
He did a really bad job in the first half when he was trying to show everyone how clever he was and a great job in the second half when he decided to RTDB and give Nix easier throws.

If we play like we did in the first half it’s gonna be another 7-5, 8-4 type season. If we play like we did in the second half we could be a legit contender. The problem is having to go to College Station, Baton Rouge, and Gainesville in addition to playing Bama and Georgia. Even a really good team could lose four games against that schedule.

skelly

Reaction score
He did a really bad job in the first half when he was trying to show everyone how clever he was and a great job in the second half when he decided to RTDB and give Nix easier throws.

If we play like we did in the first half it’s gonna be another 7-5, 8-4 type season. If we play like we did in the second half we could be a legit contender. The problem is having to go to College Station, Baton Rouge, and Gainesville in addition to playing Bama and Georgia. Even a really good team could lose four games against that schedule.

Yes Miss State and Ole Miss really peaked at the wrong times if they weren’t down this year who knows cause A&M, Auburn, and LSU killer schedules this year even Georgia’s.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I’ve gotten to a place where i rarely can watch sports center, or anything really on espn except for the actual game.
The networks know that yelling and manufacturing controversy and hot takes gets ratings (even if people are hate-watching) so they have an incentive to churn out this awful programming rather than informative news and good analysis. The only time I watch any of it is if SportsCenter is on at the gym in the morning.

Kory

Reaction score
Two big games this coming weekend: LSU vs Texas and A&M vs Clemson. This will set the tone for the SEC West. Two losses by the SEC here and we are hot trash. I think LSU wins...A&M will be in a dog fight but will ultimately lose. I hope I'm wrong on the latter.

Meanwhile, I'll get to roast like a Thanksgiving turkey in the sun at 3pm watching New Mexico State....

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I’m thinking A&M gets clobbered. Hope I’m also wrong.
They kept it close last year and we don’t have much information on Clemson’s defense. Idk if they can slow down Clemson’s offense consistently though. It’d be nice to have A&M highly ranked when we’re there in a couple of weeks though.

As far as LSU and Texas I really have no idea. We don’t really know if either of those teams is actually good or if they were just clobbering weak opponents.

skelly

Reaction score
They kept it close last year and we don’t have much information on Clemson’s defense. Idk if they can slow down Clemson’s offense consistently though. It’d be nice to have A&M highly ranked when we’re there in a couple of weeks though.

As far as LSU and Texas I really have no idea. We don’t really know if either of those teams is actually good or if they were just clobbering weak opponents.

Well no one hyping A&M mentions that last year they played well against Kelly at qb not Lawrence.

We’ll see if Morrow can bring it on the road vs Texas. My gut says LSU can run the ball if they can’t good luck on controlling the game with Morrow.

Kory

Reaction score
I, for one, think Saban and the AD should say "no, we're playing in the evening for player safety" and just hold the game at night.

I'll be out in the stands because I absolutely bleed the University of Alabama, but I'd rather not pass out from 105 heat indices.

skelly

Reaction score
Good job Burrow tonight against Texas. He and his receivers a great night against Texas DBU. I was not expecting that I guess I gave a big 12 defense way to much credit,

A&M didn’t threaten Clemson tho so that was pretty much what I thought would happen but Clemson was better on defense than I thought against A&M.

Would love to see Army pull one of these big ones off...

Kory

Reaction score
Also lol. Two schools claiming to be DBU give up over 900 yards of offense combined. I’m not remotely worried about LSU although it’ll likely be a top 5 match up.

Logo 468x120
Back