• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

2019 College Football Season

Kory

Reaction score
Not a good sight for the focus of the team.
So, two third-year team members and two fourth-year team members blew off a team-building exercise. These are supposed to be the team leaders? Wow, maybe the "cancer" that was on the team last year, who ran his mouth on social media all the time, wasn't the ONLY liability.

Glad Nick Saban is making a spectacle out of it, but not happy about the lackluster effort put into a team mindset and bonding.

skelly

Reaction score
So, two third-year team members and two fourth-year team members blew off a team-building exercise. These are supposed to be the team leaders? Wow, maybe the "cancer" that was on the team last year, who ran his mouth on social media all the time, wasn't the ONLY liability.

Glad Nick Saban is making a spectacle out of it, but not happy about the lackluster effort put into a team mindset and bonding.

This can be the culture when you have a majority of kids that are considered top recruits and you’re program has enjoyed success I’m actually impressed beyond measure at how they’ve taught and maintained the right kind of attitude for the most part for so many years. It’s something they really turned around from the three Mike’s era and what’s really been the difference since Saban has been there.

skelly

Reaction score
A certain number of people out of 100 much less athletes are going to blow out an ACL. Surprised they aren’t screening the athletes some kind of test for a weak or susceptible ligament . More often than you’d think it’s not even as a result of contact. This calls for the whole defense to rally and step up not just those stepping into his position. But that’s what football is about in the short and long run learning to rally and respond to adversity.

barcncpt44

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Welp, this is not the best way for the SEC to start the 2019 season.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
That was a lot of fun but I think I would end up living about 10 years longer if I'd gone to college somewhere else. Those cardiac cats are gonna kill me.

skelly

Reaction score
Good news all the playmakers at wide receiver. Bad news no playmakers at running back. I know Najee has the potential but we need to see it. All of Alabama’s championships featured a dominant running back/s so let’s get that going.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Good news all the playmakers at wide receiver. Bad news no playmakers at running back. I know Najee has the potential but we need to see it. All of Alabama’s championships featured a dominant running back/s so let’s get that going.

RB isn't the problem. Bama is fine there. They need the offensive line, specifically in the middle, to gel. It didn't affect the passing game as much because of the quick routes. They will need to run the ball to win at some point so the line must improve.

Can we ever get a kicker?

The one they have now is fine. It is apparent he has a strong leg and both his misses hit the uprights instead of sailing 20 yards wide. I think he'll be fine.

I think this kicker get it together.

I’m ready for someone else to be the holder though.

I love having Tua as the holder, though I'd rather see a backup QB holding. A QB holding opens up so many possibilities that aren't there when a punter is holding.

skelly

Reaction score
RB isn't the problem. Bama is fine there. They need the offensive line, specifically in the middle, to gel. It didn't affect the passing game as much because of the quick routes. They will need to run the ball to win at some point so the line must improve.

The one they have now is fine. It is apparent he has a strong leg and both his misses hit the uprights instead of sailing 20 yards wide. I think he'll be fine.

I love having Tua as the holder, though I'd rather see a backup QB holding. A QB holding opens up so many possibilities that aren't there when a punter is holding.

Agree with O line point.

Agree with your kicker point.

Agree with having another QB do the holding I never liked the punter doing that either.

Kory

Reaction score
This past weekend also put the nail in the coffin for Pruitt to land Nick Saban’s job after his retirement. Many Bama fans have opined for this to be the case. Myself included.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
This past weekend also put the nail in the coffin for Pruitt to land Nick Saban’s job after his retirement. Many Bama fans have opined for this to be the case. Myself included.
Pruitt seems to be recruiting well but his in-game coaching is...lacking.

rolltide_130

Reaction score
Special Affiliations

If Pete Golding sticks around I think it will be him. He's extremely young and Saban still has 4-5 years left at least unless something unforeseen such as health issues or a massive drop off in team success occurs

skelly

Reaction score
If Pete Golding sticks around I think it will be him. He's extremely young and Saban still has 4-5 years left at least unless something unforeseen such as health issues or a massive drop off in team success occurs

Maybe you know something more of him personally and he has a good resume for defensive coordinator but not that I would hand over the keys to the program at this time...

Back