• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

2019 College Football Season

Kory

Reaction score
Joe Goodman is a massive Barner, but I think he makes some valid points.

Clemson was/is the better team until some other team proves otherwise. Every excuse in the book cannot erase the memory of Lawrence torching our defense, or shutting out the best offense in Alabama history in the second half, or the pure desperation that was the fake field goal. The game was out of hand. Saban and his assistants were out coached and out prepared. The process unraveled in the most un-Alabama and un-Saban like way.

I think this coming season will tell a lot.

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2019/07/alabama-football-needs-a-cold-hard-slap-in-the-face.html

Last edited:

skelly

Reaction score
No doubt we have all the talent to play with anybody but right now I don’t think Alabama is man enough to beat Clemson...

skelly

Reaction score
What if Georgia is (12-1) Sec champ, Auburn is (11-1) SEC West Runner Up and Alabama is (12-1) SEC Runner Up. Clemson is (13-0) Acc Champ. Michigan is (11-2) Big Ten Champ with a loss to (9-3) Ohio State. Oklahoma is (10-2) Big 12 Champ with losses to Texas (9-3) and Okla State (7-5). Utah is (9-3) PAC 12 Champ with no other PAC 12 with even 10 wins. Next teams in line are LSU 10-2 and Central Florida 13-0?

skelly

Reaction score
Then this would be my CFP top 10 Rankings:

1. Clemson
2. Georgia
3. Alabama
4. Auburn
5. LSU
6. Michigan
7. Oklahoma
8. Central Florida
9. Utah
10. Florida

rolltide_130

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
The 2020 SEC schedule released today is an absolute abomination. Mississippi State in October? Texas A&M the week before the Iron Bowl? Who came up with this crap? It's not any better on Auburn's end either with Georgia getting moved to the middle of the season and them playing LSU the week before us.

Kory

Reaction score
Mississippi State football and men's basketball hit with suspensions and scholarship reductions for academic misconduct on the part of players and a team tutor.

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score
Mississippi State football and men's basketball hit with suspensions and scholarship reductions for academic misconduct on the part of players and a team tutor.
Yeah, we self-reported. Ever since Nick Weatherspoon was indefinitely suspended last year, rumors of this have been circulating. Overall, the punishment isn't very severe - especially since we get to pick which games the suspensions are applied.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
What a sloppy and undisciplined game between the gators and hurricanes. Over 200 yds in penalties

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Georgia has a ridiculously tough November stretch, even if some of the games on an island don't appear too difficult. Put them in 5 consecutive weeks and you have yourself a very tough stretch run.

3 rivalry games - Cocktail Party, Auburn, Georgia Tech
Missouri, though not world beaters, has athletes all over the field and the game is sandwiched in between Florida and Texas A&M.
Oh, and Texas A&M is pretty good, by the way.

And, if they're lucky, they'll get to play a 6th game in a row in the SEC Championship versus a team likely vying for a playoff spot.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
So what do you guys think Bama's offense will look like under Sark?

skelly

Reaction score
Similar to when lane kiffin was here but not as skilled at play calling and exploiting match ups meaning that if tua makes a good read presnap then good things will happen if not then I am not as confident in sark’s chess skills as even I was in the last OC that went to be Maryland HC he did call a good game in NC after Saban sent Kiffin our early but I think that was a function of he just had to do what was in book along with Clemson only had kiffin’s MO to prep for...all that said if we’re not turning the ball over we should be fine. I didn’t like the way the back ups or the starter played in the spring game to many fundamental mistakes.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
4 players suspended for the 1st half of the Duke game for missing movie night:

Najee Harris
Brandon Robinson
Terrell Lewis
Devonta Smith

That means the 4th and 5th best RB's will be starting.

Back