• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

2019 College Football Season

Kory

Reaction score
A major shake up on the SEC on CBS schedule. LSU at Alabama will be a 2:30 game (most likely) and not primetime for the first time since 2010. CBS has opted to switch the double header to be Georgia/Notre Dame and Tennessee/Florida on 9/21.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
A major shake up on the SEC on CBS schedule. LSU at Alabama will be a 2:30 game (most likely) and not primetime for the first time since 2010. CBS has opted to switch the double header to be Georgia/Notre Dame and Tennessee/Florida on 9/21.

Have you seen the SEC schedule for that week? Its putrid.

Kory

Reaction score
Also what happens when you get shut out 2 of the last 3 years. Who wants that in prime time?

If LSU can get past the Longhorns, I have a feeling they may roll into Tuscaloosa undefeated. They play Auburn and Florida, a revenge game, in Baton Rouge. In that case, a top 5 matchup will be in store....at 2:30pm.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Those End Zone Upper Deck seats are ridiculous and should have never been built in the first place

Kory

Reaction score
Those End Zone Upper Deck seats are ridiculous and should have never been built in the first place
Well, they already have, so no point in tearing down something that is only 10 years old ($90+ million dollars) to put a tacky screen.

I’ve at up there for several games. While not awful, you lose a lot of the atmosphere which people go to the games for.

rolltide_130

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
Also what happens when you get shut out 2 of the last 3 years. Who wants that in prime time?

If LSU can get past the Longhorns, I have a feeling they may roll into Tuscaloosa undefeated. They play Auburn and Florida, a revenge game, in Baton Rouge. In that case, a top 5 matchup will be in store....at 2:30pm.

Honestly the November 2:30 games feel like night games anyways because DST has ended so by the time kickoff even gets here, you're already somewhat close to dusk and the game always ends after dark.

Granted if LSU does roll in undefeated and actually has a competent offense, I could see CBS pulling another 2011 and negotiating with ESPN to bump that to the 7 pm timeslot again.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Please tell me this is out of context. There's no way Kirby is this big of a buffoon, right?

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I really need someone to tell me this is fake. Please.

Back