• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Archive 2017-2019 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Stmt from Parnas' atty: "Mr. Parnas...attended Rudolph’s meeting with Zelensky aide Andriy Yermak, and witnessed Rudolph pressuring Yermak on behalf of President Trump to compel Zelensky to announce that his administration was launching a corruption investigation into [Biden]"

I think if the Dems want removal, they are going to have to get somebody like Parnas to testify. Maybe Mulvaney, since he admitted to crimes on national TV.

Wow. Parnas better have proof. If he does, he could negotiate for leniency and bring Nunes down.
This could be the bombshell the Dems want, but Parnas better have texts or some sort of document.

Last edited:

skelly

Reaction score
Just you wait. This is a slippery slope everyone has a part in because the Left has gaslighted people into thinking biological sex is bigotry. The next big thing will be trans age where you have grown friggin adults identifying as children. Legalized pedophilia is where it’s heading. That’s when peak “wokeness” will be achieved. And I don’t want to hear how crazy that sounds cuz 20 years ago would you have imagined we are here?

People need to start standing up and fighting back.

You are correct. The concept of freedom is not properly grasped the world today. There is no human freedom without an objective morality. Also humility. Actually the left tries to learn the lesson in regards to stewardship of the earth and responsibility for the poor. They can’t bring themselves to stand up for the unborn though. I think they fail because it’s not from a true ethic, it’s a ploy for power, as often we on the right suffer with politicians who use moral issues as a ploy for power. It takes true humility to stand up for what is right in a truthful way, because you first apply it to yourself.

Evan

Reaction score
Great way to alienate half the state, Tubs. Fear the Dumb! I mean thumb!

This is so bad I thought it was a spoof.

Tubby is a bigger idiot than I ever imagined, and I possess quite a spectacular imagination.

Evan

Reaction score
Just you wait. This is a slippery slope everyone has a part in because the Left has gaslighted people into thinking biological sex is bigotry. The next big thing will be trans age where you have grown friggin adults identifying as children. Legalized pedophilia is where it’s heading. That’s when peak “wokeness” will be achieved. And I don’t want to hear how crazy that sounds cuz 20 years ago would you have imagined we are here?

People need to start standing up and fighting back.

I wanted to post this rather tragic (yet informative) piece that discusses some of the issues both Jay and Kory have brought up.

Personally, as a parent of two young children, this entire movement both terrifies and sickens me. I have a 7.5 year old daughter who claimed she wanted to be a boy at age 4. It lasted all of about two months. Today she is the most girly girl you've ever encountered in your life. Cheerleader, Miss Social, and as feminine as any little girl could possibly be. It is incredibly normal for kids to suddenly express a disdain for their own gender (or have curiosity about the opposite gender).

It is NOT normal, however, to think that somehow equates to gender dysphoria, or is indicative of a need for radical medical treatment. I believe many of these parents pushing their children into rejecting their birth gender have serious mental issues and are incompetent parents. I don't dispute that some PEOPLE (NOT freaking kids) might struggle with a sense of unease and have a belief they may be the wrong gender. But, as the article I linked mentions, talk therapy and simply understanding the roots of one's personal anxiety is curative in many many cases.

The world has gone mad. This gender-bending stuff will not end well. It saddens me to no end to see large parts of the Democratic Party and its leadership embrace and celebrate this insanity. Too bad the Republicans lack the moral credibility to provide a suitable pushback against this growing trend. Like I've stated for years, Trump's takeover of the GOP will leave very lasting effects on the Republican Party and our entire country. Some Judges and a tax cut aren't enough for me to ever believe it has been worth it.

gangstonc

Reaction score
FDB19521-3A08-4EE2-860D-2F245C435363.jpeg
A strong rebuke of the president's morals. We are losing the good people, the Nunes’ of the world are gaining power.

I can’t believe he was fired. All of this over a convicted war criminal.

Last edited:

Kory

Reaction score
“I want to make sure we have a party that’s appealing to communities of color, people under the age of 29, [and] women with a college degree in the suburbs,” Hurd added. “Those are the three groups where the Republican brand is terrible and those are the three largest growing groups of voters.”

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
Great way to alienate half the state, Tubs. Fear the Dumb! I mean thumb!

This is so bad I thought it was a spoof.

Not one mentions of standing with the Constitution. Um Trump is the President, but the Constitution is the document in this country that needs to be backed by Men and Women who love this country.

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
View attachment 2148
A strong rebuke of the president's morals. We are losing the good people, the Nunes’ of the world are gaining power.

I can’t believe he was fired. All of this over a convicted war criminal.
Agreed. Trump pardoning war criminals is ridiculous. In my world there are various reasons I vote the way I do. I vote for Republicans and Democrats using my who is the better person strategy. For the record, I didn't vote for either Trump or Hillary because I felt neither were worthy of the office. Hillary because I just couldn't believe her and the e-mail situation (lack of following simple rules for classified material) drove me insane. Trump because I didn't think he was fit for duty and would make decisions without thinking them through (nailed that one). I'll fully admit there wasn't much a chance I was going to cast a vote for Trump in 2020 but this decision to pardon war criminals ensures that he won't get a vote from me. In the process of all this we lose a well respected civilian leader and a toxic SEAL team that now has to deal with a team member that more than likely has lost all respect from his team.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Agreed. Trump pardoning war criminals is ridiculous. In my world there are various reasons I vote the way I do. I vote for Republicans and Democrats using my who is the better person strategy. For the record, I didn't vote for either Trump or Hillary because I felt neither were worthy of the office. Hillary because I just couldn't believe her and the e-mail situation (lack of following simple rules for classified material) drove me insane. Trump because I didn't think he was fit for duty and would make decisions without thinking them through (nailed that one). I'll fully admit there wasn't much a chance I was going to cast a vote for Trump in 2020 but this decision to pardon war criminals ensures that he won't get a vote from me. In the process of all this we lose a well respected civilian leader and a toxic SEAL team that now has to deal with a team member that more than likely has lost all respect from his team.
I couldn't agree with you more. This guy's entire unit testified against him.

Kory

Reaction score
Ruth Bader Ginsberg gets hospitalized for the umpteenth time this year. She just isn’t fit to serve on the highest court anymore. At what cost do her absences cost the country’s judicial integrity?

WesL

Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Ruth Bader Ginsberg gets hospitalized for the umpteenth time this year. She just isn’t fit to serve on the highest court anymore. At what cost do her absences cost the country’s judicial integrity?
With their clerks and such I don't think they actually do that much work. At least to the point were she would be impeached.

Last edited:

WesL

Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer

skelly

Reaction score
Totally agreed. Will be interesting to see how federal prosecutors feel about this.
I don’t know what it means. Reading the article it could be very limited in scope or wide open according to what he judiciary decides and like you said how prosecutors want to try and apply it.
I’m still wondering when the feds are getting serious about human trafficking laws already on the books...

Kory

Reaction score
Animal abuse usually precedes abusing humans. Create an animal abuse registry at the least. I’d prefer to lock up animal abusers for life and throw away the key.

Last edited:

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
CNN said:
In a letter to Chairman Jerrold Nadler, White House counsel to the President Pat Cipollone said, "We cannot fairly be expected to participate in a hearing while the witnesses are yet to be named and while it remains unclear whether the Judiciary Committee will afford the President a fair process through additional hearings. More importantly, an invitation to an academic discussion with law professors does not begin to provide the President with an semblance of a fair process. Accordingly, under the current circumstances, we do not intend to participate in your Wednesday hearing."

Witnesses are yet to be named?? I'm not sure where that's coming from since we've had heavily public testimony thus far and we know the names of those individuals.
And their problem with an academic discussion with law professors is counter to their interests, why? I'm really not sure where they're going with that statement.

Do they think there's enough idiots to blindly swallow that kind of defense of the actions that occured and have been collaborated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back