• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Archive 2017-2019 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gangstonc

Reaction score
The US actually did owe them money and could of been arbitrated at The Hague to end up paying more but the way it was handled, Obama did everything he could to let the regime in Iran claim victory and look like they pulled one over on him. Made it look like we were handing over the money for hostages and sweetening the “nuclear deal”. Made him popular in all 57 states.
You are right. The money was fairly owed but Obama looked terribly weak by using the manner he did to deliver.

Matt

Reaction score
You are right. The money was fairly owed but Obama looked terribly weak by using the manner he did to deliver.

The money repatriated was of the Shah's regime. The terrorists that followed had no right to that money. Especially after killing hundred of our soldiers in Iraq!

Evan

Reaction score
I honestly haven't seen the evidence. But My comment was more about can one in DC receive a fair trial if they are in DC as a conservative?

I guess it would be advisable not to commit crimes in the DC jurisdiction whether you're a Conservative or a Liberal.

Probably goes without saying, but I don't think it matters who was on the jury because the bulk of the evidence was Stone's own words. It wasn't some circumstantial case in which reasonable people could disagree about a few technicalities. Stone blatantly lied under oath, and his own words hung him.

gangstonc

Reaction score
It does not matter when he released it. They got it and were not aware it was on a hold.
It does matter. It tells us what the administration may have been thinking.

It also matters because the Javelins weren’t delivered until after the tank war had ended, rendering them useless.

Matt

Reaction score
Are you saying we have to automatically give a billion dollars of aid to a corrupt country without vetting the new leadership? Is that what you are saying ?

gangstonc

Reaction score
Are you saying we have to automatically give a billion dollars of aid to a corrupt country without vetting the new leadership? Is that what you are saying ?
Nope. I’m saying there are PROPER CHANNELS for that vetting. Trump is not the proper channel. I think you will find I’ve used that phrase before.

gangstonc

Reaction score
The president can stop are start any aid. Period.
Not true. I posted the law. Sorry.

Congress has powers of the purse. Not the president. You like to bring that up when I bring up the deficit.
What happened to the WB? And the Quid Pro Quo? Gone!
I have no idea where you are getting this. Have you watched the testimony or read the transcripts? I’m guessing not.

Matt

Reaction score
The WB lawyer is a hack. Even though Evan disagrees he is. January 20, 2017 said the coup has started. he has given some * explanation. And there is more evidence of his bias.

Last edited by a moderator:

gangstonc

Reaction score
The WB lawyer is a hack. Even though Evan disagrees he is. January 20, 2017 said the coup has started. he has given some * explanation. And there is more evidence of his bias.
I’m sure the lawyer is biased. So what!?

Last edited by a moderator:

KoD

Staff member
Sustaining Member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
The president can stop are start any aid. Period.
It's also not illegal to give somebody $40. If the intention is to get a few grams of weed in return then there's a problem isn't there?
If a cop finds you trading money for drugs and your argument is that it's within your rights to give somebody money, you're not fooling anybody.
The president can withhold aid, but that's not the issue is it? The issue is trading aid & a WH meeting for a political "favor"

As for corruption in Ukraine, it's ironic that Trump never said that word in either phone call to Zelensky. There's no indication that is the reason the money was held up. You'd think there'd be plenty of talking about it, especially during the phone call. Instead Trump pushed for a Biden investigation. Multiple officials independently confirmed this was the objective and agenda in separate testimonies.
It doesn't get much more definitive.

Matt

Reaction score
It's also not illegal to give somebody $40. If the intention is to get a few grams of weed in return then there's a problem isn't there?
If a cop finds you trading money for drugs and your argument is that it's within your rights to give somebody money, you're not fooling anybody.
The president can withhold aid, but that's not the issue is it? The issue is trading aid & a WH meeting for a political "favor"

As for corruption in Ukraine, it's ironic that Trump never said that word in either phone call to Zelensky. There's no indication that is the reason the money was held up. You'd think there'd be plenty of talking about it, especially during the phone call. Instead Trump pushed for a Biden investigation. Multiple officials independently confirmed this was the objective and agenda in separate testimonies.
It doesn't get much more definitive.

Investigation of corruption is warranted. Do you not agree?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back