• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Archive 2017-2019 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Trump made a tweet earlier that something big just happened and now the White House has announced that President Trump has a major announcement planned for 9am eastern tomorrow morning. Guesses anyone?

gangstonc

Reaction score
Trump made a tweet earlier that something big just happened and now the White House has announced that President Trump has a major announcement planned for 9am eastern tomorrow morning. Guesses anyone?

I think this might be relevant:

Rumor is that we killed a major ISIS/al qaeda leader. Baghdadi.

WesL

Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I think this might be relevant:

Rumor is that we killed a major ISIS/al qaeda leader. Baghdadi.

Well that would be welcome news.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Well that would be welcome news.
It really is fantastic news. I hate that he was able to martyr himself, but at least he’s dead and we didn’t lose any men.

This whole thing is so weird. Trump goes out of his way to thank Russia (even thanked them before our own military) but Russia has said they don’t believe the raid even happened. I don’t think our military would say something happened that didn’t.

I’m always amazed at how technically competent our military is. When you combine that with the skill and bravery these people have, it is really mind boggling.

Last edited:

Kory

Reaction score
The parodies of the Washington Post's pathetic obituary for ISIS leader Al-Baghdadi might be the best thing the internet has done in a long time.

WesL

Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer

gangstonc

Reaction score
Formal House vote on impeachment inquiry coming Thursday

It’s time. All the key testimony they could get is locked in. They need the subpoena power of an official action to get those that won’t testify on the record.

Kory

Reaction score
Imagine being consumed in Trump hatred that you literally start defending a guy who has murdered, raped, and tortured countless people.

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Imagine being consumed in Trump hatred that you literally start defending a guy who has murdered, raped, and tortured countless people.

I miss all Presidents that used speech writers, it could make the most incompetent seem competent.
if he weren’t such a narcissist, he could pay the amazing Peggy Noonan millions to make him seem normal even eloquent.

I’m proud of our brave and intelligent military for conducting a successful operation.
(see that’s not hard)

WesL

Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I miss all Presidents that used speech writers, it could make the most incompetent seem competent.
if he weren’t such a narcissist, he could pay the amazing Peggy Noonan millions to make him seem normal even eloquent.

I’m proud of our brave and intelligent military for conducting a successful operation.
(see that’s not hard)
I so miss professional politicians running this country.

Kory

Reaction score
I so miss professional politicians running this country.
I don’t. I don’t like this experiment with a business man either but so called professional politicians have ruined this country. Skyrocketing debt. Endless Middle East conflict. And one could even argue they accelerated the moral decay of America. We have no sense of humanity toward fellow Americans. The “other side” is painted as the enemy by both just for having different opinions...often leading to increased violence. So, no, I don’t opine to have professional politicians back. Not sure what went wrong but they were at the helm when we went off course.

KoD

Staff member
Sustaining Member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
I love the contrast here. [1min24sec length]

Evan

Reaction score
Not far enough. Start excommunicating ALL of them.

I find the juxtaposition of this alongside Trump's praise by Evangelical pastors to be quite telling. Kudos to the Priest. I wish others acted similarly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Logo 468x120
Back