• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Archive 2017-2019 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Not since Bill Clinton has a President kept their middle finger in a perpetual upward position!!

Evan

Reaction score
"Bill, I believe you are incorrect about President Trump's intentions. The President has been crystal clear: no quid pro quo's of any kind. The President is trying to evaluate whether Ukraine is truly going to adopt the transparency and reforms that President Zelensky promised during his campaign."

Yeah, you really think that's how people talk in a text convo? Please. I was born at night but it wasn't last night.

Notice how the texts are informal and conversational until Taylor says the quiet part out loud. Then, suddenly, Sondland issues a freaking press release soundbite via text.

Not to mention, when Taylor questions the quid pro quo in another text message Sondland doesn't even try to refute him. He says: "Call me." Totally the actions of an innocent man.

I always respond with PR speak or "Call Me" anytime someone accuses me of participating in a criminal plot to trade arms for help with a domestic political campaign.

You can't be this naive. I refuse to believe it. You know good and well how YOU or ANYONE else would respond if someone made some wild accusation or completely misconstrued something. We'd be shocked. Offended. Incredulous. Our first reaction would be to vehemently dispute what the other person said. We wouldn't suddenly speak as if a PR flack or attorney took over our phone.

The log of messages that was released is beyond damning. If a smoking gun has ever existed in the history of smoking guns then this one is the one emitting the most smoke. Taylor repeatedly pushes back on the plan and Sondland clearly tries to avoid confirming what they had JUST SPOKEN ABOUT on the phone.

But that's all beside the point. There are also messages that EXPLICITLY lay out that they're trading a White House visit and arms in exchange for the President of Ukraine making a specific statement that mentions Burisma and the 2016 election. They even confirm this with the top aide to the President of Ukraine and send him a freaking draft statement specifically mentioning Burisma and the 2016 election.

Stop with your coy posts as if you're also critical of Trump. If messages that explicitly confirm the quid pro quo multiple times -- including messages to the Ukrainians --don't matter to you then you're a diehard partisan and Trump supporter who doesn't care about the laws of our country or the Constitution.

Matt

Reaction score
Trump now says he wants Ukraine and China to investigate Joe and Hunter Biden

View attachment 2080

I guess the best thing he can hope for right now is to convince his followers that there's a connection without providing evidence. I'm sure the Matt's out there will swallow it without even chewing.

Are you saying corruption, or potential corruption by the former V.P. and his son should not be investigated ?

Matt

Reaction score
The NYT the other day reported Schiff or his staff had contact with the WB earlier once again pointing that Schiff is a liar. They inadvertently made the point the WB is a political hack. This is what they wrote:

The whistle-blower’s decision to offer what amounted to an early warning to the intelligence committee’s Democrats is also sure to thrust Mr. Schiff even more forcefully into the center of the controversy as a target of Mr. Trump’s.

Why just the dems ?

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/02/us/politics/adam-schiff-whistleblower.html

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score
Are you saying corruption, or potential corruption by the former V.P. and his son should not be investigated ?
You seemed rather opposed to corruption, or potential corruption by the current President and his son being investigated. I think I understand now, though - you don't think they should be investigated by our own government, you think we should ask foreign countries to do it.

KoD

Staff member
Sustaining Member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
I already addressed this in an earlier post. The offense at hand is that the president withheld money to a foreign country and tried to solicit them into investigating unsubstantiated reports of malfeasance by the former VP and current political rival. Something that the foreign country already investigated. It's an alleged abuse of power. The narrative coming from the Trump shield is that everyone should focus on the Bidens and not the president. Not going to happen, not without real evidence. You can spin it in your head however you want, but it doesn't change any of the facts that have come out.

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I already addressed this in an earlier post. The offense at hand is that the president withheld money to a foreign country and tried to solicit them into investigating unsubstantiated reports of malfeasance by the former VP and current political rival. Something that the foreign country already investigated. It's an alleged abuse of power. The narrative coming from the Trump shield is that everyone should focus on the Bidens and not the president. Not going to happen, not without real evidence. You can spin it in your head however you want, but it doesn't change any of the facts that have come out.
These are good points. As I read it there are two situations at hand. Biden family potential corruption and Trump issues with asking foreign leaders for favors for digging up dirt. Both should be independently investigated to the fullest extent of the law.

Kory

Reaction score
What is even more shocking is AOC’s response. How hard is it to say “uh no.”

These people are unhinged.

Looks like this was staged. Still, why was AOC so quick to condemn the claim of “we only have months” but was silent on the cannibalism? Weird.

gangstonc

Reaction score
It should by the FBI.
Also interesting to note that Trump’s children are getting jobs they have no qualifications for and are receiving perks from other countries that are in negotiations with us. If the FBI investigate the Bidens, which they should, they should also investigate the Trumps.

gangstonc

Reaction score
The NYT the other day reported Schiff or his staff had contact with the WB earlier once again pointing that Schiff is a liar. They inadvertently made the point the WB is a political hack. This is what they wrote:

The whistle-blower’s decision to offer what amounted to an early warning to the intelligence committee’s Democrats is also sure to thrust Mr. Schiff even more forcefully into the center of the controversy as a target of Mr. Trump’s.

Why just the dems ?

Why just the dems ?

KoD

Staff member
Sustaining Member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
It should by the FBI.
Also interesting to note that Trump’s children are getting jobs they have no qualifications for and are receiving perks from other countries that are in negotiations with us. If the FBI investigate the Bidens, which they should, they should also investigate the Trumps.
Underated insight, Trump wants to investigate the Bidens while Ivanka works in the Whitehouse and does business with China and his son's openly continue Trump business operations. I really don't know how to explain the outrageous hypocrisy here lol. I'll defer to the evidence we currently have and not speculate further on that. I don't want to sound like a "but Hillary" especially since I don't have at-hand evidence the Trump's have benefited from any Trump Admin actions. It's just awfully ironic though.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Underated insight, Trump wants to investigate the Bidens while Ivanka works in the Whitehouse and does business with China and his son's openly continue Trump business operations. I really don't know how to explain the outrageous hypocrisy here lol. I'll defer to the evidence we currently have and not speculate further on that. I don't want to sound like a "but Hillary" especially since I don't have at-hand evidence the Trump's have benefited from any Trump Admin actions. It's just awfully ironic though.
I don't think it is a "but Hillary" type deal if you think it's ok to investigate the Bidens too. I absolutely think it is ok to make sure Old Joe didn't do anything nefarious.

skelly

Reaction score
I don’t think anyone has to worry as to whether or not anything Trump does or his family will be investigated.

If you want to act the allegations about what the Biden’s have been up to are unsubstantiated then please give me a break you’re just like you accuse others of being on the trump side or even if they are skeptical.

Last election (2016) both sides were getting dirt from foreigners. Obviously they’re already at it for 2020.

There are no forum rules against being coy or against me criticizing trump when I want to and/or taking his side when I want to.

Please try to stay off of bridges and and tall buildings when you realize the political dominoes are no where near falling where you hoped.

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score
I don’t think anyone has to worry as to whether or not anything Trump does or his family will be investigated.

If you want to act the allegations about what the Biden’s have been up to are unsubstantiated then please give me a break you’re just like you accuse others of being on the trump side or even if they are skeptical.

Last election (2016) both sides were getting dirt from foreigners. Obviously they’re already at it for 2020.

There are no forum rules against being coy or against me criticizing trump when I want to and/or taking his side when I want to.

Please try to stay off of bridges and and tall buildings when you realize the political dominoes are no where near falling where you hoped.
Does anyone know what language to choose on Google Translate for this?

skelly

Reaction score
Does anyone know what language to choose on Google Translate for this?

It means that when all the facts come out they probably haven’t all come out. If the public perception and the concrete real results of all this is not what you expect based on you being so sure if what you know then don’t panic and start eating the babies just yet. Hope that helps.

gangstonc

Reaction score
It means that when all the facts come out they probably haven’t all come out. If the public perception and the concrete real results of all this is not what you expect based on you being so sure if what you know then don’t panic and start eating the babies just yet. Hope that helps.
The text messages and "transcripts" show that trump should be impeached. That part is out. The only thing to see with respect to Trump is if it is even worse than we know now.

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score
It didn’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back