• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Archive 2017-2019 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evan

Reaction score
Are you posting from a hotel? Just curious if you evacuated after Trump said Dorian would hit Alabama.

You know he can't comment on that. For once the cognitive dissonance may be too much. He's been conspicuously absent from the Dorian/Trump discussion. I think it's finally a case of not even Matt is can defend Trump's lunacy in this situation.

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score
You know he can't comment on that. For once the cognitive dissonance may be too much. He's been conspicuously absent from the Dorian/Trump discussion. I think it's finally a case of not even Matt is can defend Trump's lunacy in this situation.
Of course he can't. That's why he's trying to change the topic.

skelly

Reaction score
Democrats make it easy to change the topic as crazy as trump is they can’t dare move towards common sense they are bound to prove themselves crazier and more extreme.

Kory

Reaction score
Democrats make it easy to change the topic as crazy as trump is they can’t dare move towards common sense they are bound to prove themselves crazier and more extreme.
It's amazing how the fringe on each side are champions on doubling down on each other's stupidity. Nearly everyday you see something that reaches a whole new level of ridiculous and yet the bar it set higher with each passing hour.

Evan

Reaction score
At this point it just becomes pathetic:

You know, if the Dems had a clue and nominated a candidate that isn't anti-gun and virulently pro-abortion, they'd probably run away with the 2020 election. But, alas, it is all but guaranteed that I'll be writing in a candidate again come 2020.

If this wasn't my country I think I'd be laughing myself silly at the predicament sane voters are going to be in. But, since it is, it's just depressing that the best we can do is either a radical Dem or crazy Trump. Truly scraping the bottom of humanity and sanity in our country.

Evan

Reaction score

He's now ordered a Coast Guard Admiral to issue a statement saying he's right. Trump has a serious mental illness. It's impossible to ignore at this point. Just imagine if war broke out with Iran, North Korea, or China, and Trump forced Commanding Generals and/or DoD to issue misleading statements about casualties, the course of the war, or that they agreed with his strategy and decisions.

A White House source told CNN on Thursday that Trump personally directed Brown to issue the statement. Brown reports to national security adviser John Bolton but Bolton did not ask Brown to release the statement, the source said.

I, too, found this whole debacle humorous for quite some time. But, now that Trump is ordering military officers to lie to the American people, this has gone from joking about Trump's fragile ego to something much more serious.

gangstonc

Reaction score
He's now ordered a Coast Guard Admiral to issue a statement saying he's right. Trump has a serious mental illness. It's impossible to ignore at this point. Just imagine if war broke out with Iran, North Korea, or China, and Trump forced Commanding Generals and/or DoD to issue misleading statements about casualties, the course of the war, or that they agreed with his strategy and decisions.

A White House source told CNN on Thursday that Trump personally directed Brown to issue the statement. Brown reports to national security adviser John Bolton but Bolton did not ask Brown to release the statement, the source said.

I, too, found this whole debacle humorous for quite some time. But, now that Trump is ordering military officers to lie to the American people, this has gone from joking about Trump's fragile ego to something much more serious.
It’s how he operates. He knows his followers like to form an opinion, then find data that backs it up. That’s what he’s done here and what he will continue to do.

He’s also incapable of apologizing or admitting that he is wrong. He is mentally stunted.

Kory

Reaction score
Not sure what to think of Drew Brees making a promotional video (I think the message of the video itself is harmless) for a fundamentalist Christian group who opposes LGBT rights and misconstrues science to a whole new level (not sure why equal treatment under the rule of law is problematic for the group). It's 2019, folks. There is no place for that in society today.

Anywho, he should've let his spokesperson craft a response because this is turning into a PR disaster for a guy who generally does a lot for charity and the community in New Orleans.

Evan

Reaction score

What's especially dumb is that if Trump had talked with the IC and said he wanted to release the image, they could've edited it in a way that included counter-measures so that enemies couldn't determine the capability or the location of one of our most important spy satellites. Simply downscaling the resolution and changing the angle of perspective on the picture would've made a difference. In the past, when the USA has released satellite imagery, they always blurred or downscaled the image so as to not reveal our capabilities.

It's a really bad unforced error. Especially since the photograph reveals the satellite's resolution and provides other information about our capabilities to our enemies. That absolutely helps them, and provides them hugely useful information (size of that they didn't previously possess. It's even been theorized that other countries who want to match our spy-satellite capability can now somewhat reverse engineer what they'll need to create a similar satellite.

Finally, and most importantly, now Iran, North Korea, China, etc now know exactly how much camouflaging and disguising is necessary to mislead us, or hide their most sensitive and important sites. It's a huge win for them. It's definitely not some kind of "trolling win" and thinking that is so juvenile that I refuse to believe a grown man like Matt could believe such nonsense.

skelly

Reaction score
They don’t have anti “LGBT” rights views and nota “fundamentalist”group. Many well known athletes and celebrities have been associated with Dobson. If we’ve gotten to the point where professional athletes cannot be associated with people who hold traditional views on marriage then really we’re to the point where so called fundamentalist have warned about.

Kory

Reaction score
They don’t have anti “LGBT” rights views and nota “fundamentalist”group. Many well known athletes and celebrities have been associated with Dobson. If we’ve gotten to the point where professional athletes cannot be associated with people who hold traditional views on marriage then really we’re to the point where so called fundamentalist have warned about.
Thinking the government should intervene and deny marriage licenses to a certain sect of people that don’t fit their criteria isn’t anti-LGBT? What is it then?

If we believe marriage is a right guaranteed by the Constitution (I.e., the government is involved in issuing marriage licenses so therefore they’re involved heavily), then Focus on the Family are promoting discrimination under rule of law. Personal views aside, the government cannot pick and choose who gets a government granted right and associated benefits. Sorry.

They actively lobbied for a federal amendment promoting that the federal government exclude a LGBT people from marriage. I don’t care what they believe as a church. I have a problem when they use arbitrary classifications of who is entitled to the government granted benefits of a particular license...in this case marriage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Logo 468x120
Back