• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Archive 2017-2019 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Trump:

“I’ve seen some category fours, you don’t even see that many of them. But a category five is something that, I don’t know if I’ve ever even heard the term, other than I know it’s there.”

This is the 4th cat 5 of his Presidency.

Thought that was a great quote for the political section of a weather forum.

Matt

Reaction score
That’s it.

What do I not have a clue about?

don't you agree this is the greatest troll ever!

Evan

Reaction score
don't you agree this is the greatest troll ever!

Was he trolling when he said Alabama was likely to be hit harder than expected? Or was that just Trump showing his inability to comprehend a briefing? Or, perhaps, a sign of his cognitive decline?

Interested for you to explain it to me, Matt. And, yes, I know you're simply going to post something about Obama instead as a distraction.

Last edited:

gangstonc

Reaction score
Trump:

“I’ve seen some category fours, you don’t even see that many of them. But a category five is something that, I don’t know if I’ve ever even heard the term, other than I know it’s there.”

This is the 4th cat 5 of his Presidency.

Thought that was a great quote for the political section of a weather forum.
BF8D343B-E7D2-4C85-93FC-3F155D1CF2EF.png

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Either way it is someone giving into temptation when they know better. The fault isn't with the tempter its with the temptee. People are 100% responsible for their actions, and no one can make anyone do anything. There's always a choice.

I know you were just kidding, but I wanted to make clear that Trump isn't responsible for his enemies stooping to his level. They are responsible for their own actions.
Yeah, I was teasing you!

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
He either had bad information and should consider having a full time met in his cabinet (we have floods, droughts, tornadoes and hurricanes going on during various seasons) and CNN (that hates Trump and he hates them) are about as clueless!!

Kory

Reaction score
He either had bad information and should consider having a full time met in his cabinet (we have floods, droughts, tornadoes and hurricanes going on during various seasons) and CNN (that hates Trump and he hates them) are about as clueless!!
I don't like to generalize, but it sure seems like the media as a whole tends to shift toward yellow journalism in the face of a potential storm recently more than ever. It doesn't always seem like it has been that way though. The media during Katrina served an incredibly important role and pushing out the unfolding disaster. Now, it's hyperbole. Truth-stretching. Or even flat out lying. I saw first hand with Hurricane Barry just this past July. Headlines and pictures of tourists fleeing New Orleans ahead of a potential disaster in mainstream papers such as The Washington Post, NY Times, etc. Turns out, it was actually two tourists rolling a suitcase to their hotel to check-in. Yeah, they had some rogue reporters running with BS lies (I'm looking at your Brian Williams) during Katrina, but they revealed the humanitarian disaster that was the aftermath. They served an essential role.

And then in some cases, they forget about disaster. Those poor folks in the aftermath of Michael has just been forgotten. I get the fact that melodramatic headlines produce clicks, but we have enough material to cover. Don't make stuff up.

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I don't like to generalize, but it sure seems like the media as a whole tends to shift toward yellow journalism in the face of a potential storm recently more than ever. It doesn't always seem like it has been that way though. The media during Katrina served an incredibly important role and pushing out the unfolding disaster. Now, it's hyperbole. Truth-stretching. Or even flat out lying. I saw first hand with Hurricane Barry just this past July. Headlines and pictures of tourists fleeing New Orleans ahead of a potential disaster in mainstream papers such as The Washington Post, NY Times, etc. Turns out, it was actually two tourists rolling a suitcase to their hotel to check-in. Yeah, they had some rogue reporters running with BS lies (I'm looking at your Brian Williams) during Katrina, but they revealed the humanitarian disaster that was the aftermath. They served an essential role.

And then in some cases, they forget about disaster. Those poor folks in the aftermath of Michael has just been forgotten. I get the fact that melodramatic headlines produce clicks, but we have enough material to cover. Don't make stuff up.

I agree and truth is that since broadcast media came into existence, the “if it bleeds, it leads” mentality is alive and well!!

skelly

Reaction score

And not a peep from them about those still not recovered from Michael and need help. Not even to blame it on Trump. Mind boggling.

Kory

Reaction score
But I’m told I’m paranoid when I say the government wants to come after my rights. One of the many 2020 candidates who support this idea.

Evan

Reaction score

Unbelievable. To be fair, we don't know if Trump himself doctored it or if an aide did (to soothe Trump's fragile ego), but either way this is just incredibly sad. It's not even humorous anymore. What the heck is wrong with the President and his staff?

Here's the "undoctored" image:

Evan

Reaction score
What kills me is that Trump or his staff are so stupid that they don't realize that the forecast cone wouldn't narrow like that. Clearly neither Trump nor his staff actually understand what the cone represents, and they actually get personalized briefings from experts on it!

And, they're so bootleg that they just used a Sharpie instead of trying to actually doctor it through Photoshop or something.

Oh, and there's this:

Looking at the actual statute, I don't think Trump could be construed as having "published" or "issued" the image, but the fact it's even a topic discussion just shows how little this administration and President care about telling the American people the truth.

I'm not sure what is more horrifying, that Trump is so petty and unfocused on serious things that he'd doctor a map with a Sharpie, or that his staff are so worried about his ego that they amatuerishly doctored the map. If it's Trump, then I seriously wonder about his mental health and whether or not he's completely divorced from reality. If it's his staff, what else are they doctoring or hiding from Trump so as to prevent a meltdown? What about serious things like national security, military programs, and classified defense matters? And to be quite honest, a major hurricane is quite a serious issue anyway. It's simply unbelievable that the President or his staff is more worried about being right on Twitter (and bungling their attempts to do so) than managing the federal government's response to the Hurricane.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Car Icahn,
Rex Tillerson
Wilbur Ross
Betsy Devos
Steve Mnuchin
Herman Cain
Stephen Moore
Scott Pruitt
Ryan Zinke
Ronny Jackson
Matthew Whitaker

Just to name a few.

Trump economic adviser Peter Navarro: “My function, really, as an economist is to try to provide the underlying analytics that confirm his intuition. And his intuition is always right in these matters.”
Gangstonc that is your opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Logo 468x120
Back