• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Archive 2017-2019 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

Reaction score
I'm going to have to disagree pretty strongly with you here.

The Smollett case was a perfect crime for the woke crowd and the leftist media. It was a white/MAGA crime on a gay black man, because he was gay and black. The media were tripping over themselves to cover that story.

The same goes for the MAGA hat wearing high school students at the March For Life rally. Smirking and intimidating an aging American Indian. The media ran with it but never did the proper research to find out the truth. They saw a chance to ruin Trump supporters and ran with it. And they are going to pay through the nose as a result!

gangstonc

Reaction score
Get a grip! Every past administration has punted on the North Korea issue. Or given lip service or crappy deals they had no intention of living by. So why not try a new approach ? The goal is to stop their nuke program. Think outside the box.

I seem to recall Foxnews and the republicans were very happy to say Obama (while running for pres) was foolish to consider meeting with a “terrorist” leader of NK. Why the change of tune?

Kory

Reaction score
If you’re white, male, and conservative, you are an easy target for the media. They will slander you til kingdom come. That is, unless you’re left wing radicals like Antifa (check out the mugshots...nearly all white and male). Or you’re a minority that fakes a hate crime (a felony), then they give you the white glove treatment.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
People that are k

how do you think Otto’s parents feel about this?

Why should we legitimize a despotic murderer?

We should deal with them through China and Russia.

How has that worked so far working through China and Russia? Should we keep doing the same old thing and expect Different results. That is the definition of a very important word in this case.

gangstonc

Reaction score
How has that worked so far working through China and Russia? Should we keep doing the same old thing and expect Different results. That is the definition of a very important word in this case.
I understand what you are getting at, but we can’t be shaking hands with leaders that kill our citizens and ask us to pay for the medical bills.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
Why was it not ok for Obama to “try something different?”
Thank you for answering a question with a question. I did not say anything about Obama you did. So would you like to answer my question now?

Matt

Reaction score
I understand what you are getting at, but we can’t be shaking hands with leaders that kill our citizens and ask us to pay for the medical bills.

But it is ok to give a country responsible for over 400 American soldiers deaths 150 billion in cash ?

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
A deflection Stormlover would be proud of
I must have missed the deflection. The only deflection I witnessed was Gangstonc answering a question with a question.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
But.. but.. but... Obama... Hillary... etc
I am sorry but your going to have to show me where I said anything about Obama or Hillary.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Thank you for answering a question with a question. I did not say anything about Obama you did. So would you like to answer my question now?
It hasn't worked well. I think we need to be tougher with Russia and China by imposing severe sanctions on them for dealing with NK. They are using NK to cause us problems.

Matt

Reaction score
Since we already owed it to them, yes. We have to pay our debts.

Should have taken that money and given it families of the soldiers killed by Iran. They forfeited that money when they took over our embassy and took hostages as far as I'm concerned.

Matt

Reaction score
A deflection Stormlover would be proud of

No deflection at all. In geopolitics sometimes you have to deal with bad people. It is in the United States best interests that the Norks denuke ? Would you not agree ? We can either negotiate with them or bomb the crap out of them. Which do you prefer ?

gangstonc

Reaction score
No deflection at all. In geopolitics sometimes you have to deal with bad people. It is in the United States best interests that the Norks denuke ? Would you not agree ? We can either negotiate with them or bomb the crap out of them. Which do you prefer ?
Not this:

Kory

Reaction score
Remember when Trump got reamed (and rightfully so for saying there’s some good people after Charlottesville), why are leftists held to a different standard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Logo 468x120
Back