• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

2/10/2020-2/12/2020 Severe Weather and Flooding Threat

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
I suppose you could cut through Union Hill Rd and take 36 over to 231 as well. That detour is going to slow down a lot of people.

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I suppose you could cut through Union Hill Rd and take 36 over to 231 as well. That detour is going to slow down a lot of people.
That seems to be the detour of choice for Arab people. I give major kudos to Morgan Co. Sherrif department for keeping people updated, and working these areas hard. My youngest goes to Union Hill and that 4-way stop was already a nightmare in the mornings... now add in a couple thousand people taking a detour. So far no issues hope it stays that way. They also dropped a little hint this morning on Facebook .... 6 months (or longer) to fix this issue that the state has known about for a year.

1581692475558.png

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
That seems to be the detour of choice for Arab people. I give major kudos to Morgan Co. Sherrif department for keeping people updated, and working these areas hard. My youngest goes to Union Hill and that 4-way stop was already a nightmare in the mornings... now add in a couple thousand people taking a detour. So far no issues hope it stays that way. They also dropped a little hint this morning on Facebook .... 6 months (or longer) to fix this issue that the state has known about for a year.

View attachment 2485

6 Months. Wow that is a major problem. I wonder if they will provide any details at what actually caused the roadways to tear apart like that? Mother Nature is a beast. Don't try and hide it ALDOT, just be real with us and tell us what happened.

Kory

Reaction score
The flooding we're seeing is historic. The Tombigbee and Black Warrior are flooding small communities and washing out roads.

Oh, and we're gonna have another 1-2 inches this week.

Back