• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

1/6-1/7 Winter Storm Potential Thread

barcncpt44

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Latest run of the NAM. Kind of verifies the Winter Storm Warning areas. Looks like NWS Mobile might have to issue a few WSW of their own.
C1dZoBZWgAAVmmR.jpg:large

Reaction score
(For ATL)
GFS tries to start things between 1 and 7pm tomorrow..
HRRR tries to start things between 3 and 6.

Gonna be a long day.

I sure hope so. Seeing the snow fall during the daytime is the highlight of the storm to me. I really hope I can see some good snowfall rates during the light hours.

Brax

Reaction score
0z GFS COBB analysis is in and it's a doozy for ATL. Highlighted 2 things you guys might want to see.

iBx64qO.png

Lori

Staff member
Emeritus Moderator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I've got to go to bed so I can get back up tomorrow and watch some more!! I'm so glad TW is back!! I've missed refreshing upon refreshing to see any new news!!!
Goodnight y'all and may the chance of snow forever be in your favor!!

VegasEagle

Reaction score
I've got to go to bed so I can get back up tomorrow and watch some more!! I'm so glad TW is back!! I've missed refreshing upon refreshing to see any new news!!!
Goodnight y'all and may the chance of snow forever be in your favor!!
Goodnight!

Reaction score
I was doing some research on the latest sref plumes mean. It was saying 3.88 inches of snow for Cullman. I think it is using a 10:1 ratio. Because when I was looking at total qpf it was at .50. In this type of setup we would have closer to a 20:1 ratio so it could bump totals up to 5-8 inches for that area. Or for Huntsville 4-7 inches.

Bama Ravens

Reaction score
Ok, so many people are saying on the TalkWeather Friends Facebook page that they have signed up, are logged in, but have not received the confirmation email. Confirming through the confirmation email is required before posting, so until they receive the email, they cannot post.

Reaction score
I w
Ok, so many people are saying on the TalkWeather Friends Facebook page that they have signed up, are logged in, but have not received the confirmation email. Confirming through the confirmation email is required before posting, so until they receive the email, they cannot post.
I went thru my gmail account.

ARCC

Reaction score
For the first time the Euro is showing some snow for me. Its only a half inch to an inch but that is a big trend toward the GFS.

BamaGal

Reaction score
I don't think I received a confirmation email and it let me post.

Logo 468x120
Back