• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

1/6-1/7 Winter Storm Potential Thread

Reaction score
I tend to start trusting the SREF and HRRR at this range. Don't forget how well the SREF performed in 2014 when everyone else was screaming nothing would happen the SREF was banging the drums!

Lori

Staff member
Emeritus Moderator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer

Bama Ravens

Reaction score
I will take this and check out now, thank you.

nam4km_ref_frzn_seus_27.png

...but, it is the NAM.

Reaction score
Does anyone else on here kinda feel stressed out when the snow is coming? I feel like I gotta see every flake fall. I also feel like I gotta be outside at all times. The worst thing is, I feel like I gotta stand out under the street light bulb in the middle of the night. Then....I worry I will forget what each flake looks like. It's a bit stressful to be honest. Then once the melting starts I really start to panic. It's really a lot to worry about. I mean, don't get me wrong, I am super excited about the snow. I really am. I just gotta get my act together before the flakes began to fall. I gotta be prepared. Anyone else ever feel this way?

bingcrosbyb

Reaction score
As mentioned before, the SREF mean went up from 0.87" for BHM from 15z to 2.15" at 21z. Also a number of members between 2-4". Good sign for those that followed the past couple of snow events in central Alabama.

Lori

Staff member
Emeritus Moderator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Does anyone else on here kinda feel stressed out when the snow is coming? I feel like I gotta see every flake fall. I also feel like I gotta be outside at all times. The worst thing is, I feel like I gotta stand out under the street light bulb in the middle of the night. Then....I worry I will forget what each flake looks like. It's a bit stressful to be honest. Then once the melting starts I really start to panic. It's really a lot to worry about. I mean, don't get me wrong, I am super excited about the snow. I really am. I just gotta get my act together before the flakes began to fall. I gotta be prepared. Anyone else ever feel this way?

Corey, you're young enough to see a lot of snow in your lifetime plus go somewhere and see snow....take a picture of the flakes.....calm down and enjoy!! Have some fun with this!!

Reaction score
I'm starting to think west central Ga might do really well in this storm. I almost wish I was still in Lagrange. The only issue is temps down that way. The deform band might set up right over that area.

Brax

Reaction score
(For ATL)
GFS tries to start things between 1 and 7pm tomorrow..
HRRR tries to start things between 3 and 6.

Gonna be a long day.

Logo 468x120
Back