• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe Weather Threat 3/7-3/9/2024

JPWX

Reaction score
Nope… lol

That number 5 is right over me too *sigh*
winnie the pooh GIF

Clancy

Reaction score
Some CAMs, especially the NAM, did the day-before slump with early morning convection really taming things on the NAM 3km and WRFs for the northern extent of the threat, going more in-line with the HRRR. Could definitely still cause issues along the Gulf Coast into Middle Georgia, though. NCAR CAM ML products, which generally seem to perform well, depicting greatest threat south of I-20.
Note: I fully expect some of the CAMs, prolly the HRRR, to do the night-before shuffle, but I'd bet the current depiction will end up being correct.
uh03_max.us_se.png1709910068621.png

KevinH

Reaction score
Some CAMs, especially the NAM, did the day-before slump with early morning convection really taming things on the NAM 3km and WRFs for the northern extent of the threat, going more in-line with the HRRR. Could definitely still cause issues along the Gulf Coast into Middle Georgia, though. NCAR CAM ML products, which generally seem to perform well, depicting greatest threat south of I-20.
Note: I fully expect some of the CAMs, prolly the HRRR, to do the night-before shuffle, but I'd bet the current depiction will end up being correct.
View attachment 24148View attachment 24149
What is the time range of the UH tracks you posted? The more prominent track(s) going through central GA passes eerily close to me.

Reaction score
I haven't had time to watch Trey's video or look at much data yet (I'm at work), but just glancing at the radar composite it looks like the ongoing convection is decently far north across MS/AL...should be some room for later activity to work with across at least the southern 1/3 of those states.

Could be another rough day for the Pine Belt if the HRRR is right...remember the February 2013 Hattiesburg EF4? Pretty sure the Hattiesburg-Petal-Laurel area has gotten at least one other significant tornado since then, too.