• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!
Logo 468x120

Severe Weather Threat 3/7-3/9/2024

KevinH

Reaction score
Someone already posted this on the 2024th thread, but I wanted to post it here as well.

Something to watch and I would not be surprised if the SPC highlights in area tomorrow.

Clancy

Reaction score
GEFS has been pretty consistent in depicting some SCP probs during the period over the SE. Moisture seems decent, though there's still plenty of questions to me about junk convection (and my trust with the globals is still recovering).
scp-prob01.conus.png

JPWX

Reaction score
GEFS has been pretty consistent in depicting some SCP probs during the period over the SE. Moisture seems decent, though there's still plenty of questions to me about junk convection (and my trust with the globals is still recovering).
View attachment 24100
Watch this turn into a heavy rain/flash flood event. LOL! Regardless, it's something to watch.

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
The warm sector is incredibly moist this go around.

Looking at potentially widespread low 70s dewpoint in early march lul.

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
Trough goes a bit negative tilt and then pretty zonal in the aforementioned low 70 dew area. Zonal flow can still bring a decent severe threat so I don't think it's a super big issue. Junk convection and coastal convection looks like the biggest hiccup so far.

A lot of severe weather outbreaks in the south can be from zonal flow. Biggest one that comes to mind for me is Easter 2020. Just depends on how everything sets up.

Last edited:

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
Wake me up around Wed/Thu… too much flip flopping can happen between now and then.

lol

*turns on email notifications anyway*:D
Don't think there will be as much changing. As it has been the last few weeks. Getting under 120 hours which is decent for consistency. Think your looking at a severe weather risk somewhere, magnitude is what we don't know

KevinH

Reaction score
Don't think there will be as much changing. As it has been the last few weeks. Getting under 120 hours which is decent for consistency. Think your looking at a severe weather risk somewhere, magnitude is what we don't know
Yes, agreed. My previous comment was in reference to magnitude.. and now that I think about it, location as well lol

Stupid fickle Dixie Alley ha

Clancy

Reaction score
Trough goes a bit negative tilt and then pretty zonal in the aforementioned low 70 dew area. Zonal flow can still bring a decent severe threat so I don't think it's a super big issue. Junk convection and coastal convection looks like the biggest hiccup so far.

A lot of severe weather outbreaks in the south can be from zonal flow. Biggest one that comes to mind for me is Easter 2020. Just depends on how everything sets up.
A couple of our summer 2023 events were from persistent zonal flow, iirc.

Back