• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Winter 2019-2020 Discussion

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
40 with no chance of precip tomorrow so DC is going to end meteorological winter with 0.6” of snow.

skelly

Reaction score
Lots of dogwoods on my street they are not blooming yet. Cherry trees are out and the pear trees yes. Dogwoods no I think they will be a couple weeks out yet.

Scud

Reaction score
Significant storm developing in the Rockies. Storm sets up in high plains 60 hrs. Cold air aloft, gulf moisture, not good. A wet dream for storm chasers.
Mountains out west could get 1-2 feet of snow next 72 hrs. 3-4 feet next 10 days. Fuel up the trucks chasers. Hope you don't get sucked up.
I leave you with light to moderate snow falling on a 3-5 ft snow pack at Teton Pass.

WYO22TetonPassWest.jpg

Scud

Reaction score
Should add a southern storm gives 2-4 inches of snow today above 2500 ft in Southwest VA. I remember traveling there to see the mountain snow, back in the day...

Scud

Reaction score
Blowing snow presents a problem with accumulations. At least 10 inches with light snow in the sunshine at Teton Pass.

WYO22TetonPassValley.jpg

Tyler Penland

Mountain Snow Miser
Staff member
Reaction score
Had some snow showers all day yesterday. Too warm to stick around the house but the peaks above us picked up a few inches in spots.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Scud

Reaction score
Blowing Rock yes indeed. Looked at the live cam from Appalachian Ski Mountain. Showed a coating to an inch. Good to verify..

Tyler Penland

Mountain Snow Miser
Staff member
Reaction score
Dusting of snow here in Boone this morning. Little graupel-esque pellets coming down pretty good at times.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back