• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Winter 2019-2020 Discussion

Kory

Reaction score
A few flurries in Tuscaloosa this morning. Another band looks like it’s swinging in from the NW and that will be the final hurrah before clearing through the day.

They’re so small and light you have to strain your eyes. Nothing to get excited about. But then again, I hate snow.

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
It snowed so pretty in Pelham early this morning!! It didn’t last long enough to accumulate but IT SNOWED!! YAY!

StormStalker

Staff member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Russellville City schools had to abruptly cancel class this morning after a burst of heavy snow covered the roads. Looked like an inch or more based on the pics I saw.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
If interested, scroll through the Brad Travis twitter feed to see pictures coming in of the snow across NE Alabama and into Tennessee. Sewanne, Tn especially looks nice this morning. My wife and I spent the weekend in Monteagle, Tn 2 weeks ago and now I wish we would have gone this weekend instead.

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
If you have ever wondered what a ground blizzard looks like from space.....

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
If you have ever wondered what a ground blizzard looks like from space.....

Just saw this earlier, I’d never heard of it till then!!

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like a close call for the TN Valley of N AL Thursday as a batch of precipitation moves through with cold air positioned just to the north. The Smokies into the Carolinas are looking like they will see some accumulations

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Ground is white but melting on the streets so no problems with travel

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Nice

Attachments

• 7A90CECA-0D33-427B-A2E7-BB39AB2AABA1.jpeg
    7A90CECA-0D33-427B-A2E7-BB39AB2AABA1.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0

StormStalker

Staff member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Same here. It’s coming down pretty good but melting just as fast. Just a little to warm.

Tyler Penland

Mountain Snow Miser
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like we're finally going to get a decent amount here in NW NC. Been a really really crappy winter so far with about 15 T" here at the house but nothing else. Coming down steady right now with a lot of time to go.

StormStalker

Staff member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I feel like we were right on the edge of getting a decent little snow this morning. Areas north of the river did a little better. There was actually some snow around on the ground when I got to campus this afternoon in Florence. Looks like we will see some more shots of colder air and hopefully chances of snow before winter ends.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
I feel like we were right on the edge of getting a decent little snow this morning. Areas north of the river did a little better. There was actually some snow around on the ground when I got to campus this afternoon in Florence. Looks like we will see some more shots of colder air and hopefully chances of snow before winter ends.
Yes I think we got more N of the river. At one time I had about an inch on the top of my truck. If we had been at 32° or below, I think we would have had 2"-3"

skelly

Reaction score
I imagine there’ll be a shot at frost in April but really I guess this was the last piece of winter weather in Alabama. November was the coldest month of the season. (central Alabama).

Back