• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Winter 2019-2020 Discussion

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Almost time for kids to slide back into school....
Crazy to see a school bus sliding sideways. Hope there were no kids on board. Video from WCCO in Minnesota and was posted yesterday morning.

WesL

Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
A bit windy up in Colorado/Wyoming... that had to be a scary experience for the driver

skelly

Reaction score
So far though winter a lot wetter than I expected as far as last winter with El Niño was so wet I thought maybe this winter not as wet but so far...

Weatherphreak

Reaction score
Models hinting that 2020 will start similar to 2019 with the a bunch of rain and possible flooding in the Tennessee Valley over the next couple weeks.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
1-3" of snow this evening. What time? You guessed it, 3-6 p.m. It's actually the law that it's only allowed to snow at rush hour here.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Hahahahaha they closed the federal offices for this like 1-3” of snow so I got a half day at work. This feels more like something they’d do in Alabama than the northeast.

StormStalker

Staff member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
The 18z GFS had two storms way out in fantasy land. It's not as cold as what it was showing yesterday though.

Kory

Reaction score
This pattern doesn't look like it will sustain cold very long. But, I do think we'll have a chance or two for wintry weather in the two/three week range given the signal on the models and MJO progression.

Weatherphreak

Reaction score
Looking at the CFS long range it looks like some cold air is coming for a lot of the country for the last week of January through the first week or so if February. I’m sure it’ll moderate some but burrr. The timeframe of 2/4 Through 2/7 looks especially chilly

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
This pattern doesn't look like it will sustain cold very long. But, I do think we'll have a chance or two for wintry weather in the two/three week range given the signal on the models and MJO progression.
Yeah this cold weather looks very transient ... mjo may not help us as much due fact the pna still not going corporate... looks like neutral best it’s going to do ... so get ready for a lot of cool rains towards end month. Hope I’m wrong

StormStalker

Staff member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
18z GFS with a real bobby dazzla (see if anyone gets that) past 300 hours. It's fantasy land again but it sure would be nice to see it verify!

Bevo

Reaction score
Only in Dallas can you have tornadoes, snow, and oppressive humidity all in the same week!! Today's high was almost 80 degrees and it was humid and muggy. o_O Can we actually have a decent winter this year?

Reaction score
Meanwhile in southern Ontario...
-15 Celsius (5 F) today, 15 cm (6 in) of snow tomorrow...and 2 degrees C (35 F) and sunny by next Thursday. Maybe not as extreme as Dallas, but a heck of a change anyway.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Maybe another coating of snow tomorrow. At least it’s not during the work week for once so I don’t have to worry about walking in it.

WesL

Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
We've had several near misses here. We got a dusting last weekend and missed out on some freezing rain last night. Just want one good snow this winter. Thought that was supposed to be a perk of moving more north lol.

Back